Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California; Seal Beach, California
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a DevSecOps Analyst to join the Satellite Systems Division located in El Segundo, CA. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
We are seeking engineers that are passionate about space and excited to work in a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment that supports the design, development, and implementation of software for existing and emerging Boeing proprietary space programs.
This position requires demonstrated experience within the software ecosystem, a diverse background of project experience, and the clear exhibition of superior judgment and decision making to engineer new solutions and capabilities.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations:
Instantiates and maintains DevSecOps pipelines and understands the entire software environments for which teams write, integrate, test, and deploy code. This includes software tools and environment deployment, modernization, and maintenance activities, including installation and configuration of integrated software engineering environments based upon current DevSecOps frameworks where the analyst will support:
- Entire software environments for which teams write, integrate, test, and deploy code, including cloud-based environments (e.g., AWS)
- Configuration management and the deployment of products (Git, Ansible, etc)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) concepts and tools (Jenkins, JIRA, Artifactory, Crucible)
- Code quality, coverage, and static and dynamic analysis tools (VectorCast, Coverity, SonarQube, etc)
- Software containerization and container orchestration products (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Scripting and templates to build and maintain development environments
- Application deployments and troubleshooting activities
- Development of guidelines and implementation of best practices for DevOps
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires an active TOP Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, or other technical degree
- Active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with Counterintelligence polygraph or DoD Secret.
- 3+ years of experience with Java, C++, and/or Python programming / scripting languages
- 3+ years software development experience in a collaborative team environment using Agile principles
- Experience with DevOps processes and tools
- Experience using team collaboration tools and/or building development/testing environments incorporating Git, JIRA, Confluence, Artifactory, etc.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience with DevOps processes and tools
- 5+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience automating software builds, integration tests, installations, and deployments
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience).
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
- For further information on the basic relocation plan, refer here.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for Experienced: $112,200.00 - $151,800.00
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities