Entry-Level Equipment Maintenance SpecialistLos Angeles, California
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity available in our Spectrolab team for an Equipment Maintenance Specialist to support operations in Sylmar, CA.
- Repairs and maintains equipment and demonstrates experience in these areas.
- Develops and monitors preventative maintenance plans.
- Performs complex troubleshooting, analysis, inspection, disassembly, rebuild, modification and testing of factory machinery and equipment as necessary using knowledge in areas such as mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Works with electrical systems and electronic components of complex industrial machinery and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications.
- Responds to and provides guidance related to routine and complex requests for equipment repair.
- Maintains and manages component and replacement part inventories.
- Follows safety procedures and regulations
- Interprets basic schematics and diagrams
- May provide guidance to less experienced employees.
- Works under Minimal supervision
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in maintaining electrical, electronics, laser or hydraulic equipment, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- High School Diploma/GED and typically 1 or more years' related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in maintenance or repair of industrial equipment (semi-conductor processing, thermal chambers, automated handling, robotic equipment etc.)
- Ability to create or maintain a periodic maintenance program in a production environment.
- High School Diploma/GED and typically 1 or more years’ related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.