Entry Level Satellite DSP Subsystems and Algorithms Engineer
Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
“Boeing is committed to diversity and inclusion. This is important to us. We’re a global company. We have diverse customers. We work in a diverse world. Being committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce makes us a better company. ”Natalie Nill Mechanical Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Entry Level Satellite DSP Subsystems and Algorithms Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Space and Launch Division is in search of Entry Level Satellite DSP Subsystems and Algorithms Engineer to join the S&L Engineering team in EL Segundo, CA. As a Satellite DSP Subsystems and Algorithms Engineer, you will design and develop state-of-the-art, space-based communication systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the unit life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite unit development and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
- Designing and developing next generation RF, digital and/or optical satellite communication systems
- Developing and verifying multi-rate, fixed-point signal processing algorithms
- Allocating, defining and verifying requirements and interfaces
- Developing performance and link budgets
- Conducting performance analysis of signal processing models
- Supporting trade studies
- Supporting unit-level integration and performance simulations
- Supporting HDL-level design and verification
- Supporting hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-offs
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed locations.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer engineering, mathematics, or physics, with an anticipated graduation by the end of December 2021
- Education and/or experience in signal processing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Digital communication theory and systems, digital signal processing (DSP)
- Waveform design and implementation
- Development of algorithms for hardware implementation on ASICs or FPGAs
- Verification planning and principles, while applying their theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- Knowledge of HDL development concepts
- Focus area of signal processing and/or digital communications
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award