Experienced Electronic Systems Project EngineerLos Angeles, California; El Segundo, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security has an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Electronic Systems Project Engineer to join us as part of our Space Avionics & Autonomous Capabilities team located in El Segundo, CA.
The Space Avionics & Autonomous Capabilities team designs and build advanced human-rated Space Avionics Controllers supporting Space Launch System (SLS) rocket, CST-100 Starliner commercial spacecraft, and various proprietary programs.
The project engineer is responsible for leading, planning and execution of projects within Space Avionics & Autonomous Capabilities. The selected candidate will be a member of a high-performing, collaborative team with an emphasis on self-motivation and strong work ethics, excellent time-management, and interpersonal skills. Strong communication skills are required while working with other engineers, technicians, and customers to facilitate the procurement of materials, unit test and integration, test flow, and unit sell off. Maintaining schedules, project baselines, tracking progress and use of budgeted or estimated hours across multiple projects will be part of the Project Engineering experience.
- Provides project management support to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers.
- Leads project execution to complete the work statement. Identifies performance metrics.
- Plans, identifies, and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program.
- Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned.
- Responds to changes to SOW, assesses the impact and negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
- Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans.
- Help drive program and project level continuous improvement.
- Develops detailed designs of limited scope.
- Conducts various methods of testing and analysis to support design.
- Technical support for production and test of space-qualified electronics.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Supports a production testing environment on various shifts.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Travel may be required up to 10% of the time; Domestically and/or Internationally depending on business needs.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- 1+ years of experience leading a team or a project
- 1+ years of experience working both independently and in a team environment
- Willing and able to obtain a US Government Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience working across a team representing multiple skill areas with internal and external resources and customers
- Experience in Avionics or System design
- Experience in engineering project planning or project management
- Experience building project plans, schedules and/or budgets
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Proficient with Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Cost account management and/or earned value management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
3ERP, 3 ERP
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award