Experienced Software Engineer
Los Angeles, California; Seal Beach, California
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Experienced Software Engineer
The Boeing Space and Launch group is seeking a Experienced Software Engineer to work in our Seal Beach, CA location.
Will address all phases of the flight software development lifecycle including:
- Requirements and interface definition
- Design, development, and integration of embedded software simulations for space-based applications
- Configuration management and release
- Product maintenance
- Will effectively communicate with internal customers during development and after product release
- Will perform several parallel tasks as part of a dynamic team of systems and software engineers
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 7+ years’ experience developing embedded flight software using C
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading teams in the development and/or test of embedded software
- Experience with scripting tools such as TCL/Tk, Perl and standard Unix/Linux shell programming
- Experience with software debugging tools such as gdb and configuration management tools such as CVS and clearcase
Experience with developing software in a RTOS environment using VxWorks, familiar with WindRiver’s IDE Workbench and debugging facilities such as System Viewer