Lead Cybersecurity Engineer - Product Security ESSLos Angeles, California; El Segundo, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking a Lead Product Cyber Security Engineer for El Segundo, CA.
This position is part of the Boeing Defense Systems Engineering National Programs. The successful candidates will be responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify life-cycle balanced information system security solutions.
- Implements appropriate Accreditation and Authorization activities per NIST 800-53 (RMF), CNSSI 1253, ICD 503, and NISPOM, or DoD Overprint to the NISPOM as required by customers.
- Coordinates with customer on cybersecurity requirements/implementation; host weekly Cyber Working Group to discuss/resolve cybersecurity concerns
- Develops and maintains required cybersecurity documentation, and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of cybersecurity requirements, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Coordinates with system administrators, network and software engineers, test and validation engineers and program management on security related activities and requirements.
- Identifies assets and assesses risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of the product assets in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, non-repudiation and contract compliance.
- Knowledgeable in secure manufacturing and anti-tamper design.
- Evaluates remediation recommendations and develops a cost to mitigate estimate.
- Employs system security processes, methods, and tools and assures their consistent application.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develops, maintains and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Travel (25%) will be required for meetings with customers, internal meetings, etc.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position is expected to be onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or closely related field, or equivalent experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with government customers and government programs
- Previous cyber security or technical leadership experience
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities