Manufacturing ManagerLos Angeles, California; El Segundo, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security has openings for Manufacturing Managers (Level K) in their Space and Launch Commercial Satellites Operations group located in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidates will ensure execution of the manufacturing plan establish, coordinate, and communicate changes to the baseline plan.
- Plan and supervise the day to day activity of up to 20 technicians involved with the production of satellite hardware, and deliver sub assemblies and subsystems according to schedule commitments
- Act as primary interface and coordinate support across several adjacent organizations, including but not limited to production integration, engineering, program management, finance, and quality assurance
- Strive to improve efficiency in the production and delivery of material to customers, both internal and external.
- Recommend and implement cost and schedule saving initiatives.
- Identify and resolve conflicts which may impede the efficient operation of the factory.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
Security Clearance & Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• 5+ years of experience working in or supporting a manufacturing environment
• 3+ years of experience in a leadership role leading diverse teams, initiatives, or projects to meet business objectives and influence change
• 3+ years of experience in lean processes and initiatives.
• 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, fabrication, or assembly processes and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with collective bargaining agreements and an hourly union-represented workforce
- Experience working with satellites and satellite subsystems
- Experience with Satellite Systems Engineering groups
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
The selected candidate must be able to work any shift.
Position may require travel up to 10% of the time.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
$86,000 - 153,000
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities