Mid-Level Modeling and Simulation Systems Engineer
Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California; Annapolis Junction, Maryland; Huntington Beach, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
“Boeing is committed to diversity and inclusion. This is important to us. We’re a global company. We have diverse customers. We work in a diverse world. Being committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce makes us a better company. ”Natalie Nill Mechanical Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Mid-Level Modeling and Simulation Systems Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research and Technology is looking for a Mid-Level Modeling and Simulation Engineer in El Segundo CA , Huntington Beach CA, or Annapolis Junction MD.
In pursuit of Boeing's research and business interests, the successful candidate will:
- This position will support Systems Engineering modeling and simulation efforts that encompass a wide variety of component, subsystem and system level elements that are tied to advanced research and development activities.
- Work on world class, next generation disruptive technologies across the enterprise and at business partners and teammate facilities to develop, document, analyze, and test operational, functional, and environmental requirements of developed research systems
- Provide high impact, creative solutions to complex technical problems
- Work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Provide critical support and independent review of the work of teammates
- Support modeling and simulation efforts for technologies under research & development
- Coordinate modeling with individual team members and subject matter experts across Boeing and its teammate/partners
- Integrate individual models into larger model set for component and larger subsystem development areas
- Incorporate measured data from developmental testing of products and subsystems in the laboratory into modeling environment
- Define simulations to meet system engineering needs to support trades, design synthesis, and verification
- Support complex architecture trade studies & system/subsystem level integration & validation
- Develop and manage data flow through models and simulations, create scripts and connecting code where applicable
- Summarize model and simulation activities for regular design integration timelines and end customer reports including plans to mature models based on demonstration observables
This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience in new technology or product/capability development
- 3+ years of experience in system design, modeling and simulation, and verification and validation
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at all organization levels including suppliers and customers
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in working in an agile model based system engineering environment
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and UML/SysML
- Education/experience in 1 or more of the following: Cameo, DOORS, SysML, Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Adjudicated Counter Intelligence scope polygraph completed within the last 5 years
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This Position Is For First Shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award