Phantom Works Senior Systems Engineer
Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
“Boeing is committed to diversity and inclusion. This is important to us. We’re a global company. We have diverse customers. We work in a diverse world. Being committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce makes us a better company. ”Natalie Nill Mechanical Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Phantom Works Senior Systems Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Phantom Works creates the next generation products and services for the Boeing Defense, Space & Security business and is currently looking for an Senior System Engineer (Level 5) to join their team in El Segundo, CA. We work with proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. Phantom Works focuses on rapid prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of customers. Our group works all facets of engineering from technology investment, concept development, proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments.
We are seeking a System Engineer with experience in satellite systems to work in a rapid development environment. This engineer will participate in all phases of the system development life cycle, including payload development, requirements definition, analysis and decomposition, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test, and operations. The successful candidate will be helping lead system level requirements, design, development, verification, and operations activities.
- Lead a rapid prototyping systems engineering team from program concept phase (ATP) through flight delivery.
- Lead requirement development, functional decomposition, trade studies and system verification activities for a rapid payload development program for space.
- Lead the analysis tasks to perform system and payload level trade studies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide briefings to customers.
- Collaborate with customers and internal multi-disciplinary teams to provide best value to customers.
- Lead system and payload design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, sell-off) and coordinate efforts across IPT’s.
- Chair the CCB/ERB activities on the program and coordinate across IPT’s.
- Provide inputs to program management and participate in weekly and monthly customer status reviews.
- Conduct risk reduction activities and lead issue/anomaly resolution activities.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active) .
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor degree and 5 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience (Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry).
- Experience in payload development programs (space based focus preferred).
- Experience in system engineering requirements, functional decomposition, verification, and validation.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in design of RF electronics, photonics, and/or optical communications payload.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing, LNA’s, demodulators, routers, downconverters, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of satellite communication theory.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is a 1st shift position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities