Project Management Specialist (Experienced Program Manager)Los Angeles, California
Spectrolab, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is the industry leader in high performance photovoltaic and illumination products. Be a part of our passionate and highly-motivated team who is excited to be at the forefront of providing innovative, affordable and enduring space and airborne products.
Spectrolab is the world’s leading merchant supplier of high-efficiency, multi-junction solar cells, and panels for spacecraft power systems with proven reliability drawn from six decades of space heritage. Spectrolab’s state-of-the-art space solar cells and panels power satellites in Earth’s orbit, as well as, the International Space Station. Since its founding in 1956, Spectrolab has led the way in the development of high-efficiency solar cells for space missions. Spectrolab airborne searchlights have been the industry standard since 1968.
As a Project Management Specialist (Experienced Program Manager), you will join our Programs & Business Development group providing technical, business, and integration leadership for the development and execution of photovoltaic and/or illumination projects at our manufacturing facility in Sylmar, California.
- Tracks progress to cost, schedule, and technical performance by using established best practice metrics
- Works with customers and Spectrolab management to understand the business issues and requirements for services, products, and other deliverables
- Leads teams made up of Spectrolab personnel from multiple skill areas, suppliers, and customers to examine alternative solutions to determine technical, financial, and schedules feasibility for meeting business requirements
- Discusses team, project, and program objectives and deliverables with the team to obtain understanding and acceptance of work assignments
- Responds to changes to statement of work and assesses the impact of those changes to existing requirements, technical feasibility, schedules, and costs using established baseline management processes
- Represents the organization as the technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
This position must meet Export Control Compliance requirements, therefore a “US person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or any technical field (i.e. Physics, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management Best Practices (i.e., Requirements Management, Resource Management, Integrated Planning and Scheduling, Financial Oversight (EVM), Program Performance Management, Supplier Integration, RIO (Risk, Issue, Opportunity) Management, Program Communication, Senior Leadership Reviews, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in at least one of the following areas, program planning, project management, integrated scheduling, Industrial Engineering, Business Operations.
- 3+ years of experience preparing and delivering presentations or proposals to management and clients (customers).
- 3+ years of experience in Program Management including cost, schedule and technical management
- 3+ years of experience with PowerPoint and Excel for data analysis and presentations.
- 3+ years of experience in a position which required presenting technical information to program management in Formal Reviews.
- Experience collaborating across functions and organizational levels.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
Have a project management certification.
Experience using Integrated Scheduling tools such as: Open Plan Professional, Microsoft Project Professional, Enterprise Project Management, or a similar tool.
Knowledge of photovoltaic and/or illumination products.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More