Senior Integrated Planning & Scheduling SpecialistLos Angeles, California; El Segundo, California
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Integrated Planning & Scheduling Specialist position in El Segundo, CA. This position will be part of the Boeing Space and Launch Systems, Satellite Systems Business Area. The selected individual will support our Government Satellite Proprietary Programs.
The Satellite Systems Business Area in El Segundo is seeking a motivated career driven professional to support program and a portfolio scheduling initiatives in a growing product area of.
You will draw upon your leadership and experience in all aspects of government program scheduling to include production programs, development programs, agile software programs and Project Server portfolio management. As an IP&S (Integrated Planning & Scheduling) team member you will be required to develop proposal plans and schedules, baseline execution schedules, maintain the in-work schedules, perform critical path analysis and what-if planning and support the delivery of IPMR Format 6 deliverables
As the Scheduler, you will participate all aspects of IP&S activities and will execute the following roles to provide actionable, value added products to their customers:
*Portfolio Management – Architect and lead portfolio networking in a Project Server environment
*Program Planning – Developing initial planning products (e.g. IMP, WBS, Master Phasing Schedule)
*Program Scheduling – Development of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
*Detailed Scheduling & Change Management – Developing and maintaining lower level schedules
*Change Integration – Manages the change integration teams
*Project Management – Lead key program initiatives to improve execution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In charge of the program Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and serve as the technical lead for the IP&S team in developing, integrating and maintaining the IMS reporting to the Program Management team.Supplier scheduling integration, analysis, and review
- Work closely with the Integrated Product Team Leads, the IP&S team and program leadership to ensure alignment and integration of the IMS with other key program plans and schedules such as the Integrated Master Plan (IMP), Master Phasing Plan, Critical Path Analysis, High Level Flow (HLF) and detailed schedules below the IMS.
- Accountable for schedule compliance, assessment of schedule risk, identification of opportunities (including schedule margin planning) and providing robust/actionable performance reporting from the IMS to support and drive program management understanding and action.
- Lead the integration of supplier and partner plans and schedules into the IMS to ensure the whole team is operating to the same rhythm and priorities.
- Model driving program execution through quick turn generation of prospective schedule performance analyses, recovery/alternate scenario planning and improved schedule visibility/visualization.
- Supporting reviews and briefing senior leadership and customers
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active SSBI U.S. Security clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- 10 or more years of experience with Integrated Master Schedule & Change Board
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) with applying Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) requirements
- Experience modeling complex development programs including integration of activities across multiple platforms, multiple suppliers, and customer resources
- MS Project experience with Integrated Schedules and Logic networks.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or have an understanding of PMBOK principles/relevant coursework
- Active TS with SCI
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+13 years' related work experience, 19 years' related work experience, etc.).
**Referral to this job is eligible for bonus**
Bonus amount: US dollars (USD) $4000
**This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility**
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More