Senior Operations ManagerLos Angeles, California
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is looking for a Senior Operations Manager (Level M) to work at our Sylmar, CA location for our Spectrolab subsidiary company which specializes in space solar power, high-intensity searchlights and specialty sensor products. You will be responsible for all photovoltaic (PV) product, illuminations (ILS) and factory operations encompassing manufacturing, equipment maintenance and production planning. Oversee intensive manufacturing operations, factory safety, direct design processes, quality controls, end to end PV process controls, factory equipment utilization optimization and effectiveness, capital plans, change control processes, and strategic factory planning. Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire work teams are essential job requirements. You must have an open and approachable management style and be prepared to enhance team results through utilization of the team’s diversity. Additionally, the ideal candidate would drive organizational strategy, focus on innovation and be able to work in a One Boeing framework with peer leaders.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Leadership of Operations will oversee manufacturing activities of multiple product groups to translate business needs of internal customers into effective implementation (MOVPE, Wafer Fab, Panel Assembly, Solar Array Wing Assembly, Illumination Products, Sensors)
- Overall factory planning and resource management
- Systems/business processes ensuring effective and efficient execution of orders, and engineering change management
- Providing visibility into key performance indicators impacting profit/loss to President, CFO and others in leadership team
- Effective integrated strategic planning in concert with leadership team
- Championing evolution into fully Lean/6-Sigma enterprise
- Adherence to Corporate/Regulatory compliance governing functions within Operations
- Development of next generation of leaders
- Ensuring and promoting conditions, systems and behavior for the safety of our associates, the community in which we operate, and the environment
**The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “ US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a business or technical field
- 1 or more years of experience using Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) or equivalent systems; familiarity with MRP systems / capabilities
- 5 or more years of experience with one or more of the following within the Manufacturing Operations function (Shop Floor Manufacturing Operations, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management)
- 10 or more years of experience related to Aerospace Manufacturing with relevant skills and experience related to production metrics, quality control, continuous measurable improvement
- Ability to generate and present executive-level briefings to convey situational awareness on factory / operational activities
- Experience working in matrixed organizational structure with multiple customer and deliverable relationships
- Master Degree in related field
- 5 or more years of senior management or leadership experience managing across multiple disciplines
- 5 or more years of experience in Electronics or Semiconductor / Foundry Manufacturing & Mechanical Products Manufacturing
- 5 or more years of managerial experience leading high performance teams in diverse environment
- Experiences in evaluating data, synthesizing go-forward plan, implementing strategic vision for activity or group
- Bachelor Degree required
- Typically 15 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Manager - M
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.