Senior Software Architect
Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California; Annapolis Junction, Maryland; Huntington Beach, California
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Software Architect
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) Mission Systems & Autonomy (MS&A) software capability is seeking multiple Senior Software Architects in El Segundo CA, Annapolis Junction MD, or Huntington Beach CA. The position will involve leading software architectures for world class, next generation disruptive systems and technologies. The selected candidate will work with the Disruptive Computing & Networks (DC&N) product team focused on the concept, requirements, architecture, design and development of a future system. We are looking for people who like to try new things and aren’t afraid of a challenge!
As part of Boeing's software capability, our engineers use their expertise to dream up next-generation software capabilities for amazing aerospace, satellite, and autonomous platforms. You will collaborate with other world-class scientists, researchers, and engineers innovating on a range of technologies including: Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI/ML), Advanced Training & Simulation, Production Analytics, Autonomy, Electro-Optical/Infrared Sensing, Cybersecurity, Disruptive Computing & Networks, and High-Fidelity Digital Twin & Virtualization, and much more.
Our software products help solve Boeing's most challenging problems across Commercial Airplanes, Defense Space & Security, and Global Services businesses. Projects can range from new cyber security solutions for the revolutionary 787 Dreamliner to innovative aircraft, creating virtual avionics development test environments across several commercial, defense, satellite, and space platforms, satellite payload technologies, and autonomy.
Boeing is committed to your development. You will have the opportunity to be trained and equipped with the software technology and tools to be successful. You will be encouraged and resourced to pursue your passions, explore different technology domains, and advance your career.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. Here, you'll work alongside more than 170,000 exceptional people focused on bringing great products and services to market. Located in more than 70 countries, Boeing is comprised of one of the most diverse, talented, and innovative workforces you will find anywhere. More than 140,000 of our people hold degrees from approximately 2,700 colleges and universities worldwide. Their expertise and knowledge represent virtually every business and technical field. By building a career at Boeing, you'll have the opportunity to grow your skills, create relationships around the world and help shape the future of aerospace.
- Lead software architecture trades that may result in creation of new distributed SW components and interactions that align with future system architectures.
- Lead program engagements with partners and customers on software capability, development, and integration into larger systems and system architectures.
- Lead definition of software architecture and models needs and coordinate efforts with software engineering teams to meet design, development, test, verification & validation dates.
- Lead the identification, coordination and communication of software requirements, architectures and interfaces for incorporation into system architecture, modeling environment and system physical design.
- Lead the identification, innovation, implementation of new tools and processes to support this work scope.
- Provide critical support and independent review of the work of teammates.
This position requires the ability to obtain an active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required) and ability to complete a CI (Counter Intelligence) polygraph after employment start.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical degree.
- 5 years of experience designing and developing software for a real time or non-real-time system.
- 5 years of experience with the full software development lifecycle that includes requirements analysis through Formal Qualification.
- 5 years of experience using team collaboration tools including Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, and Confluence.
- 5 years of experience automating software builds, unit tests, integration tests, deployment, and installations using a DevOps tool chain (Gitlab, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, etc).
- 5 years of experience with Agile development methodologies.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 10 years of experience designing and developing software for a real time or non-real-time system.
- Active Security Clearance
Senior (Level 4)
Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' experience in an engineering classification
Senior (Level 5)
Bachelor's degree typically 14 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award