Senior Systems Validation & Verification Lead
Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California; Annapolis Junction, Maryland; Huntington Beach, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
“Boeing is committed to diversity and inclusion. This is important to us. We’re a global company. We have diverse customers. We work in a diverse world. Being committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce makes us a better company. ”Natalie Nill Mechanical Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Systems Validation & Verification Lead
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research and Technology is looking for an Senior Systems Validation & Verification Lead in El Segundo CA
In pursuit of Boeing's research and business interests, the successful candidate will:
- Work on world class, next generation disruptive technologies across the enterprise and at business partners and teammate facilities to develop, document, analyze, and test operational, functional, and environmental requirements of non-recurring development research systems.
- Leverage advanced Model Based Systems Engineering methods and tools to perform complex analysis and trade studies to evaluate Key Performance Parameters from technology requirements definition, design and manufacturing process definition to product development phase, supporting the technology all the way from concept definition to technology demonstration.
- Provide high impact, creative and innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Work both independently and as part of a dynamic team environment alongside world-class research scientists and engineers
- Provide critical support and independent review of the work of teammates
- Lead test verification and validation of for demonstration of technologies under research & development.
- Lead definition and planning of test bed including key technology elements, test equipment hardware/software interfaces, setup, processes and procedures.
- Interface with technology development lead to ensure planning and execution meet end item deliverable needs and interim checkpoints planned in project plan
- Provides recommendations for test approaches, measurements, and processes that will provide data to validate underlying technologies and calibrate relevant models
- Documents planning for future development tests and summary of executed test results for inclusion into end customer contract deliverable
This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience in new technology or product/capability development
- 5+ years of experience in system design, analysis, verification and validation
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at all organization levels including suppliers and customers
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in a test, verification & validation lead role responsible for ensuring planning and execution of developmental testing
- Experience in a laboratory and test environment
- Demonstrated leadership for driving issue resolution and mitigating technical risk
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This Position Is For First Shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award