Senior Telemetry and Command (T&C) Test System Architect
Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
“Boeing is committed to diversity and inclusion. This is important to us. We’re a global company. We have diverse customers. We work in a diverse world. Being committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce makes us a better company. ”Natalie Nill Mechanical Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Telemetry and Command (T&C) Test System Architect
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At the world's largest satellite factory, Boeing's Satellite Development Center in El Segundo, California, the Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) organization is seeking a Senior Telemetry and Command (T&C) Test System Architect whose area of expertise is in T&C test design with some RF design background.
The Senior Telemetry and Command (T&C) Test System Architect should enjoy being a leader as well as offer the opportunity to provide overall direction for designing, validating and configuring test systems in support of satellite and space system test programs.
BT&E is organized by functional area so our architects work multiple programs or a single program depending on complexity. We work with internal business partners in the development of the next generation special test equipment (STE) used for all types of satellite and space systems tests. Our small high-performing team creates the (STE) software tools and services as well as designs custom (STE) hardware solutions for the world’s highest performing satellite for US government and commercial customers.
- Work multiple programs or a single program depending on complexity while they continue to report to the same functional manager
- Test system architecture definition; test development, verification, validation and documentation
- Reviews/creates the requirements, including COMSEC
- Oversees the procurement and/or custom in-house builds
- Performs verification and test planning
- Provides leadership and training for the configuration / setup of test systems in the satellite factory
This position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of experience in Telemetry and Command formats and timing requirements for satellite communication and processing
- Experience in Telemetry and Command and/or Radio Frequency test measurements techniques
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with automated test scripts/scripting languages
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities