Senior Weight and Mass Properties EngineerLos Angeles, California; Seal Beach, California
- Estimate, calculate and measure/verify mass, center of gravity, and inertias of components, assemblies and completed vehicles or systems.
- Other responsibilities will be to develop and maintain weight, balance and mass properties accounting systems and generate required weight and balance reports, lead development of mass properties processes and tools, and provide visibility of mass properties information to integrated product teams and management.
- Perform in-flight mass properties trades and assessments.
- Support detail and installation drawing release process.
- Work with Responsible Engineers to establish target weights for component and unit-level specifications.
- Interface with suppliers for mass-properties deliverables.
- Lead mass properties testing from component/unit level through system level.
- Brief mass properties related topics to senior management and customers.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)/Special Program Access (SPA) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Must have a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed or updated within the past 5 years.
- 5+ year Mass Properties experience.
- Engineering degree.
- The position involves gathering internal and external customer. requirements and developing innovative solutions for mass properties analysis.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently are preferred.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite of Tools, NX.
- Demonstrated history of generating and approving technical documentation and reports associated with mass properties.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More