Lead Console Operator (Customer Training Specialist)Lossiemouth, Scotland
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including many training services. As the company grows we have a need to expand our current Training Capability in the Fixed Wing domain. This is an exciting time to join a growing team of training experts.
The P-8A Lead Console Operator will be based at the P-8A Training Centre in RAF Lossiemouth. The position will perform simulator support in accordance with company standards, customer training requirements and regulatory guidelines. The Lead Console Operator shall put in place procedures to verify and maintain the performance standards of its console operators.
The Lead Console Operator shall enable facilitation of individual and whole crew training events, including:
- Conducts OCU Applied training
- Establishes Front Line Continuation training.
- Delivering training on console operation to RAF personnel.
- Participates in 'White Force' role playing.
- Supporting Team and Collective Training through the DOTC (or other) network.
- Act as 'game controller' during WTT/WST training events.
- Brief and debrief WTT/WST training events
- Coaches and develops others in the console operators’ team.
- Provide training services support that meet the highest technical and quality standards, regulatory requirements, and company policies and processes and embrace first-time quality as a way of life – not accepting, creating or passing any defects, and not being afraid to speak up if finding any
- Identifying and correcting conditions and behaviors that affect employee, public, and customer safety; upholding safety standards; demonstrating proactive safety culture leadership.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK Security Clearance (SC)
Visa Status and Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense. Successful candidates must have existing / ability to obtain legal authorisation to work in the UK for continued employment.
- RAF/RN instructional background
- instructionally qualified in either Acoustics or EW
- Successfully completed the Aircrew Instructors' Course (AIC)
- The ability to communicate with personnel from multiple skill areas, cultures and functions.
- IT proficient specifically Microsoft Office applications
- Skill and ability to collect, organise and analyze data; summarise findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources
- Other appropriate background, experience and qualifications may be deemed acceptable
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More