Lead Maintenance Instructor (Customer Training Specialist)Lossiemouth, Scotland
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including many training services. As the company grows we have a need to expand our current Training Capability in the Fixed Wing domain. This is an exciting time to join a growing team of training experts. The P-8A Lead Maintenance Training Instructor is based at the P-8A Training Facility at RAF Lossiemouth.
- Leads the development, delivery and evaluation of technical training through a maintenance team of instructors to RAF P-8A Technicians.
- Conducts support to engineering course design and maintenance including provision of generic engineering training advice on course content and objectives.
- Student mentoring including - Lesson preparation, Instruction, delivering the content of LSPECs and ASPECs and Post lesson activities
- Establishes processes for identifying training content and evaluating training effectiveness. Uses specialised software technology to research, configure, maintain, update and develop new and existing media and materials.
- Gathers data to support complete proposal development activities.
- Ensures accuracy and quality of training products to include:
- Coaches and develops other instructors in the Maintenance Team.
- Provides training services that meet the highest technical and quality standards, regulatory requirements, and company policies and processes and embraces first-time quality as a way of life – not accepting, creating or passing any defects and speaking up
- Identifying and correcting conditions and behaviors that affect employee, public, and customer safety; upholding safety standards; demonstrating proactive safety culture leadership.
- Discovers new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking. Tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK Security Clearance (SC)
Visa Status and Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense. Successful candidates must have existing / ability to obtain legal authorisation to work in the UK for continued employment.
- Experience of RAF instruction on multi-engine aircraft
- Previous experience as P-8 Poseidon Maintenance Instructor desirable but not essential
- Management experience desirable
- Successfully completed Defence Train The Trainer (DTTT) Phase 3 or equivalent
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as avionics, mechanical, and systems.
- The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas, cultures and functions.
- IT proficient specifically Microsoft Office applications
- Skill and ability to: collect, organise and analyze data; summarise findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More