Maintenance Controller- P-8ALossiemouth, Scotland
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
In 2017, the UK Ministry of Defence commissioned a new fleet of nine P-8A Poseidon Maritime Patrol (MPA). The P-8A MPA is based on a Boeing 737 modified with equipment to tackle a diverse range of missions, including protecting the Trident nuclear submarines and reconnaissance work far beyond UK territorial waters. The MPA Programme includes a £130m investment in creating a P-8A Strategic Facility at RAF Lossiemouth.
The P-8A Strategic Facility itself will comprise Squadron accommodation, crew and maintainer training facilities, flight planning facilities, workshop areas and a three-bay aircraft hangar, and is 19 meters in height, 165 meters in length and 100 meters wide. The facility is part of a long-term partnering initiative between Boeing and the UK Government to advance growth and prosperity in the United Kingdom, which was announced at the 2016 Farnborough International Airshow.
Boeing are now looking for high skilled aircraft maintenance professionals to support the aircraft from 2020. The UK team will initially support the aircraft entering service in Jacksonville Florida (August 2019) before transitioning to the UK’s P8 Strategic Facility at RAF Lossiemouth (Jan 2020)
The P8 Maintenance Controller Leads, plans, organises and controls the maintenance and repairs and the release of P-8 aircraft. The Maintenance controller shall supervise and coordinate maintenance efforts on assigned shift, to meet the daily flight schedule. Serve as subject matter expert to management and special external spokesperson for the organisation on matters pertaining to polices, plans and objectives. The successful candidate will have the level of experience necessary to certify Aircraft/Engine Logbook entries, coordinate and maintenance control responsibilities.
You should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professionally interact with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Understand the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the organisation, including the impact of changes in one area on another area. This includes the ability to see and understand the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events
- Capitalise on organisation complexity as leverage.
- Experience in the implementation of Lean techniques
- Experience in project management
- Demonstrable experience in large scale change/implementation projects
- Professional/Technical Expertise Leadership skills and experience at a senior level
- Keep the organisation's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision-making and action.
- Identify opportunities and take action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organisations to help achieve business goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions.
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Continuously monitor customers, suppliers, and operations to spot issues. Faces reality and adjusts to keep commitments.
- Models confidence that sees change as opportunities.
- Formal business writing and verbal communication skills essential.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline.
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent training programme
- Aircraft maintenance experience
- Planning or aircraft certification experience within an aircraft maintenance repair organisation (MRO)
- Demonstrable project management / Key Stakeholder experience.
- Demonstrable experience with Microsoft Office with the ability to compile and present reports of a technical nature is essential.
- Project Management Qualification
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More