P-8A Continuing Airworthiness Management EngineerLossiemouth, Scotland; Bristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for P-8A Poseidon Continuing Airworthiness Management Support Service (CAMSS) Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer based at BDUK Bristol and RAF Lossiemouth.
As part of the delivery of the UK MOD P-8A Poseidon Aircraft Support Provision (ASP) contract the BDUK P-8A Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineers will be part of the P-8A CAMSS required to provide UK MOD Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Regulatory Publication (MRP)-compliant support to the P-8A Military Continuing Airworthiness Manager (Mil CAM) for all aircraft maintenance activity associated with the RAF fleet of P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft. The main operating base for this fleet is RAF Lossiemouth and BDUK will provide the service from both RAF Lossiemouth and BDUK Bristol. The BDUK P-8A Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineers will provide direct assistance to the BDUK P-8A Lead Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer and P-8A Deputy Continuing Airworthiness Manager (DCAM) in the P-8A Military Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (Mil CAMO) with the undertaking of Continuing Airworthiness Management activities across the whole P-8A Poseidon fleet.
Some UK travel is expected.
The role is responsible to the BDUK Airworthiness Manager and Continuing Airworthiness Management Lead Engineer for:
- Being the main point of contact for the P-8A DCAM and BDUK P-8A Lead Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer on a day to day basis, attending all relevant local Mil CAMO and Customer meetings at RAF Lossiemouth or Bristol.
- Providing feedback to the BDUK Continuing Airworthiness Management Lead Engineer for Customer and ASP CAMSS satisfaction and regulatory compliance.
- Monitoring any planned or short term changes in Customer requirements and the use of the P-8A Poseidon fleet to ensure that the CAMSS sustains delivery of continuing airworthiness.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the BDUK CAMSS to P-8A Mil CAM Interface Control Document.
- Supporting the development and improvement of BDUK CAMSS continuing airworthiness processes.
- Guide the development of Continuing Airworthiness Management metrics and appropriate dashboard to assist day to day management, performance monitoring and drive continuous improvement opportunities for the CAMSS as they emerge.
- Support the Customer’s MAA Audits, ensuring the CAMSS team remain MRP compliant and have a positive contribution to the P-8A Mil CAM’s approvals.
- Ensure the correct and proper use of the BDUK Safety Management System.
- Ensure the correct and proper use of the BDUK Quality Management System, supporting internal and external Quality Assurance Audits and associated Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) and corrective action plans.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Preferred Qualifications (Experience/Education/Skills):
- Ability to work collaboratively on the planning of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate compliance status and provide performance visibility.
- Ability to effectively execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans. Assist the removal of obstacles by identifying where and what help is needed and coordinating with the appropriate leaders and team members.
- Strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with logistics information and maintenance management tools.
- A knowledge of MRP or other military or civil National Aviation Authority Part M requirements & procedures.
- Experience in the application of MAA Regulations and UK MoD airworthiness policies, processes and culture in an aircraft operations environment.
- Previous industry or military service continuing airworthiness engineering experience.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and appropriate experience related to Continuing Airworthiness.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the application of air safety standards & safe operating practices
- A knowledge of Military Maintenance Organisation and MRP Part 145 requirements & procedures
- An understanding of Aviation Duty Holder requirements and procedures.
- A knowledge of quality management systems including AS9100.
- Experience in the application of UK MAA, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) and other international standards for continuing airworthiness.
- Specific P-8A Poseidon, other military derivatives of the Boeing 737 or Boeing 737 air system experience and product knowledge.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.