P-8A Lead Continuing Airworthiness Management EngineerLossiemouth, Scotland
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for a P-8A Poseidon Continuing Airworthiness Management Support Service (CAMSS) Lead Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer based at RAF Lossiemouth.
As part of the delivery of the UK MOD P-8A Poseidon Aircraft Support Provision (ASP) contract the BDUK P-8A Lead Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer will be part of the P-8A CAMSS required to provide UK MOD Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Regulatory Publication (MRP)-compliant support to the P-8A Military Continuing Airworthiness Manager (Mil CAM) for all aircraft maintenance activity associated with the RAF fleet of P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft. The main operating base for this fleet is RAF Lossiemouth. The BDUK P-8A Lead Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer will provide direct assistance to the P-8A Deputy Continuing Airworthiness Manager (DCAM) and P-8A Military Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (Mil CAMO) with the undertaking of Continuing Airworthiness Management activities across the whole P-8A Poseidon fleet.
Some UK and US travel is expected.
The role is responsible to the BDUK Airworthiness Manager and Continuing Airworthiness Management Lead Engineer for:
- Being the main point of contact for the P-8A DCAM on a day to day basis, attending all relevant local Mil CAMO and Customer meetings.
- Providing feedback to the BDUK Continuing Airworthiness Management Lead Engineer for Customer and ASP CAMSS satisfaction and regulatory compliance.
- Leading the forward team of the CAMSS based at RAF Lossiemouth, consisting of a Short Term Planner and Technical Service Clerk, as the BDUK Continuing Airworthiness Management Lead Engineer’s representative.
- Monitoring any planned or short term changes in Customer requirements and the use of the P-8A Poseidon fleet to ensure that the CAMSS sustains delivery of continuing airworthiness.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the BDUK CAMSS to P-8A Mil CAM Interface Control Document.
- Supporting the development and improvement of BDUK CAMSS continuing airworthiness processes.
- Guide the development of Continuing Airworthiness Management metrics and appropriate dashboard to assist day to day management, performance monitoring and drive continuous improvement opportunities for the CAMSS as they emerge.
- Support the Customer’s MAA Audits, ensuring the CAMSS team remain MRP compliant and have a positive contribution to the P-8A Mil CAM’s approvals.
- Ensure the correct and proper use of the BDUK Safety Management System.
- Ensure the correct and proper use of the BDUK Quality Management System, ssupporting internal and external Quality Assurance Audits and associated Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) and corrective action plans.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
- Essential to demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively on the planning of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate compliance status and provide performance visibility.
- A knowledge of MRP or other military or civil National Aviation Authority Part M requirements & procedures.
- Experience in the application of MAA Regulations and UK MoD airworthiness policies, processes and culture in an aircraft operations environment.
- Previous industry or military service continuing airworthiness engineering experience.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and appropriate experience related to Continuing Airworthiness.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the application of air safety standards & safe operating practices.
- A knowledge of MRP Part 145 requirements & procedures.
- An understanding of Aviation Duty Holder requirements and procedures.
- A knowledge of quality management systems including AS9100.
- Experience in the application of UK MAA, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) and other international standards for continuing airworthiness.
- Specific P-8A Poseidon, other military derivatives of the Boeing 737 or Boeing 737 air system experience and product knowledge.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More