Scenario Generation Station Operator (P8 maritime)Lossiemouth, Scotland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The P-8A Scenario Generation Station Operator will be based at the P-8A Training Centre in RAF Lossiemouth. The position will perform simulator and ground training support in accordance with company standards, customer requirements and regulatory guidelines.
The Scenario Generation Station Operator shall routinely generate new training scenarios, update scenarios, install new visual data bases, update visual data bases, install new acoustic, visual and tactical targets, and update acoustic, visual and tactical targets. Publish new and updated instructor guides developed or changed by mission requirement. The Specialist shall provide target and ocean modeling/database subject matter expert support. As a minimum the normal duties will consist of:
- Being responsible to the authority for the generation of training scenarios to support training delivery enabling facilitation of individual and whole crew training events, including:
- Work with community site instructors to develop simulation file performance requirements, and provided guidance in the area of simulation files development and trainer operation.
- Develop, install and validate trainer mission and scenario files, mission, initialization files, profile/time-line files, ocean bottom contour files, electronic warfare support measures (ESM) files, data link files, sonar characteristic files, acoustic target files, message files, and search and kill stores files.
- Provide acoustic and electronic warfare (EW) target modeling support.
- Research acoustic and EW intelligence publications for information necessary to create new target files and update existing target files as new intelligence becomes available.
- Maintain a library of acoustic and electronic warfare target files.
- Assist with the conversion of common government provided intelligence files into trainer unique files.
- Assist with validating files on the trainer acoustic and EW processors and displays.
- Assist in ocean data generation and modification.
- Maintain liaison with Fleet and community instructors and users to determine oceanographic requirements, research ocean data files for accuracy, and assess the effects imposed on acoustic and EW targets.
- Create, modify, and verify other off-line generator files, including initialization, mission, and emitter files for various training scenarios.
- Support testing of trainer simulation software.
- Support Boeing during development of trainer proposals.
- Support customer and Boeing in troubleshooting and defining engineering requirements in the areas of simulation file development.
- Maintain frequent liaison with all community training sites to ensure:file commonality, adequate training of instructors and timely address of any special needs, such as developing target and ocean files to meet priority training requirements for real world operations.
- Maintain back-up of all files and keep historical record of file development to support system trouble shooting.
- Support the Training Management Team (TMT) by attending all meetings, when directed and authorized.
- Primary area of support is in simulation file development and trainer testing.
- Generate ocean and target characteristic files using databases and other intelligence data.
- It is desirable that the Scenario Generation Station Operator shall have a previous RAF/Royal Navy background with either maritime WSO or WSOp
- Strong scripting skills appropriate to the role
- IT proficient specifically in Scenario Generation applications
- The ability to communicate with personnel from multiple skill areas, cultures and functions
- Skill and ability to: collect, organise and analyze data; summarise findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.