UK P-8A Poseidon Continuing Airworthiness Management Support Service – Technical Services ClerkLossiemouth, Scotland; Bristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for UK P-8A Poseidon Continuing Airworthiness Management Support Service (CAMSS) Technical Services Clerk based at BDUK Bristol and RAF Lossiemouth.
As part of the delivery of the UK MOD P-8A Poseidon Aircraft Support Provision contract the BDUK P-8A CAMSS Technical Services Clerk will be part of the P-8A CAMSS required to provide UK MOD Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Publication compliant support to the P-8A Military Continuing Airworthiness Manager for all aircraft maintenance activity associated with the RAF fleet of P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft. The main operating base for this fleet is RAF Lossiemouth and BDUK will provide the service from both RAF Lossiemouth and BDUK Bristol. The BDUK P-8A CAMSS Technical Services Clerks will provide direct assistance to the BDUK P-8A Lead Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer and P-8A Deputy Continuing Airworthiness Manager (DCAM) in the P-8A Military Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation with the undertaking of Continuing Airworthiness Management activities across the whole P-8A Poseidon fleet.
Some UK travel is expected
The role is responsible to the BDUK Airworthiness Manager and Continuing Airworthiness Management Lead Engineer for:
- Manage and Control the Aircraft maintenance records from both the P-8A Military Maintenance Organisation (MMO) and BDUK MRP Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO) through the P-8A Mil CAMO to archiving.
- Review Aircraft maintenance records for accuracy, anomalies or omissions and work with responsible persons to resolve.
- Ensure all work packs and maintenance records are entered into the maintenance management software system.
- Scan all hard copies into the electronic archive.
- Ensure software backups and or originals are archived correctly.
- Ensure the P-8A MMO and BDUK MRP Part 145 AMO only has access to the latest approved data and Technical Information.
- Control documents between those who require access to hard copies.
- Monitor and correlate Work order errors.
- Support the P-8A MMO and BDUK MRP Part 145 AMO for continuing airworthiness management requirements on a day to day basis, supporting relevant local Mil CAMO meetings.
- Support the development and maintenance of the BDUK Continuing Airworthiness Management Execution Plan (CAMEP) and associated Interface Control Documents with the Customer and P-8A Mil CAMO.
- Support the development and improvement of BDUK CAMSS continuing airworthiness processes.
- Support the development of Continuing Airworthiness Management metrics and appropriate dashboard to assist day to day management, performance monitoring and drive continuous improvement opportunities for the BDUK CAMSS as they emerge.
- Support the MAA Audits, ensuring the BDUK CAMSS remain MRP compliant.
- Support the correct and proper use of the BDUK Safety Management System. Support the correct and proper use of the BDUK Quality Management System, supporting internal and external Quality Assurance Audits and associated Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) and corrective action plans.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Preferred Qualifications (Experience/Education/Skills):
- Ability to work collaboratively on the planning of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate compliance status and provide performance visibility.
- Ability to effectively execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans. Assist the removal of obstacles by identifying where and what help is needed and coordinating with the appropriate leaders and team members.
- Strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with logistics information and maintenance management tools.
- A knowledge of MRP or other military or civil National Aviation Authority Part M requirements & procedures.
- Experience in the application of MAA Regulations and UK MoD airworthiness policies, processes and culture in an aircraft operations environment.
- Previous industry or military service continuing airworthiness engineering experience.
- The role will have significant UK MOD and Boeing interface and, therefore, a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is required.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and appropriate experience related to Continuing Airworthiness.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the application of air safety standards & safe operating practices.
- A knowledge of MRP MMO and AMO Part 145 requirements & procedures.
- An understanding of Aviation Duty Holder requirements and procedures.
- A knowledge of quality management systems including AS9100.
- Experience in the application of UK MAA, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) and other international standards for continuing airworthiness.
- Specific P-8A Poseidon, other military derivatives of the Boeing 737 or Boeing 737 air system experience and product knowledge.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.