With a strong, solid background in purchasing and supply chain management, the candidate will take a proactive approach in sourcing suppliers for Research & Development and Production programs. Buyer will be responsible to ensure purchases are made for indirect supplies, services, and facilities requirements; and interfacing with suppliers/partners to develop and maintain good customer/supplier relationships. The role is key to support increasing requirements from our key internal customers.
- Process purchasing transactions per company policies and procedures
- Examine and analyze purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information
- Identify and select supplier to procure requisitions (if not specified) meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date.
- Interview/evaluate existing or potential supplier representative to develop new sources of technical supplier or to secure favorable terms for the company.
- Interpret and communicate purchasing procedures to other functional areas.
- Assist staff in initiating requisitions and orders, and solve problems with purchase orders.
- Generate and distribute bid invitations or request for proposals.
- Receive and analyze bids, quotes, and proposals, and make recommendations to award contracts.
- Manage procurement status meetings with customer, supplier
- Run purchasing reports using Microsoft Excel.
- Properly maintains ERP with the latest information for each PO (i.e. Delivery date).
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Card required
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Aerospace & Defense Manufacturing industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain Management
- Must possess the ability to work well with others in a team environment, and lead as appropriate to ensure team success.
- Must be a self-starter, effective communicator and possess the ability to organize and plan your work schedule
- Must be knowledgeable of manufacturing and inspection processes and methods, in addition to having the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and other engineering technical data
- Experience in Supply Chain Management
- Experience in R&D, Commercial procurement
- Experience with SAP and/or SAP by Design, FAR/DFAR Compliance, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Extended hours will be occasionally required dependent upon the needs of the business. Travel 10-20% to supplier or other facilities.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More