Contractor- Airframe Stress AnalystManassas, Virginia
- This is a Senior-Level stress analyst position in the Aerostructures Engineering Organization. General responsibilities include leading and coordinating the stress activities within an assigned project, establishing and communicating clear task expectations, defining engineering criteria and analysis methods to ensure consistency, and reviewing analysis and reports for accuracy and conformance with program requirements.
- The ideal candidate for the Senior Airframe Stress Analyst will possess the following skills and experience:
- Act as the first level of authority within the team for technical approval and exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of programs.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the design of flight vehicles or vehicle systems to a set of requirements or standards such as 14 CFR Part 23 and Part 25, MIL-HDBK-516C, or NASA Procedural Requirements as they relate to certification of airframe structures.
- Leveraging diversified knowledge and engineering experience, provide directions and coordinate work within the assigned analysts and actively participate in daily operations as required to meet schedules and resolve issues.
- Work with inter-disciplinary teams such as Design, Loads, Materials & Processes and Manufacturing groups to provide solutions to mitigate form, fit, function, producibility, and maintainability aspects of airframe structural designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with program management and customers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in FEA tools.
- Create appropriate engineering criteria and analysis methods to ensure that the work meets all program requirements (e.g., airworthiness, customer requirements, internal methods and processes, etc.).
- Actively develop and evaluate plans for activities and soundness of proposed methods and analysis to meet the program schedules and airworthiness standards.
- Select appropriate material systems for structures applications and identify all material testing requirements.
- Identify and communicate technical risks to the relevant stake holders through program status reports in a timely manner.
- Review all program critical documents such as stress reports, manufacturing plans and procedures, and structural test plans in a timely manner to ensure compliance with design and loads requirements.
- Resolve complex engineering issues in creative and effective ways as to balance technical product, cost, and schedule.
- Mentor, coach and motivate the stress team members in every way possible.
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- 4 year engineering degree from an accredited university (BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar)
- 8+ years of applicable experience with a Master degree or 10+ years of applicable experience with a Bachelor degree
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. We aim to change the way we travel.
We frequently achieve what others can’t due to a combination of experience, persistence, collaboration, and a culture of innovation. Projects are ambitious and risky. We apply breakthrough technologies to create a new state of the art, rather than advancing the old one.
During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to disrupt the future of the aerospace industry.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More