Director of Air Combat SystemsManassas, Virginia
Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking an airpower-oriented Program Developer to lead the conceptualization and development of cutting-edge autonomous vehicle programs that will allow the DoD to successfully operate in these contested operating environments.
Increasingly contested operating environments, new concepts in aircraft/UAV design, and the rise of autonomy and AI are all leading to significant changes in how the US develops, fields, and operates military combat aircraft.
Aurora Flight Sciences is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapidly prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as a subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to disrupt the future of aerospace.
Increasingly contested operating environments, new concepts in aircraft/UAV design, and the rise of autonomy and AI are all leading to significant changes in how the US develops, fields, and operates military combat aircraft. Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking an airpower-oriented Program Developer to lead the conceptualization and development of cutting-edge autonomous vehicle programs that will allow the DoD to successfully operate in these contested operating environments. Program Developers work with multi-disciplinary teams to design, develop, and win ambitious programs that progress from an initial idea through opportunity generation and development of follow on work. Relationship building, concept formulation, white paper development, capture effort leadership, proposal writing, transition of program and support of PMO during early execution, and development of new ideas are all part of the role. Join our team and change the future of airpower!
- Envision and advocate for new operational concepts enabled by technology advances. Cultivate opportunities to follow the vision.
- Anticipate emerging capability shortfalls in order to influence future developments.
- Develop relationships that lead to new work and expansion of existing work scope.
- Lead proposal and white paper efforts, acting as the capture lead
- Work with Aurora program managers and engineers to generate new ideas that can be shaped into potential offerings.
- Develop relations with key Government/Defense customers for insight, shaping of opportunities to meet national needs and position Aurora to win future work.
- Interface with and leverage Boeing Global Sales and Marketing and develop and leverage relations with other Boeing units, e.g., Autonomous Systems, Phantom Works, and Boeing Research and Technology Speak, write, and present with credibility and clarity.
- Experience with military opportunity capture including proposal writing and/or reviewing.
- Experience working for or with the DoD; specifically, USAF, USN, or USMC. Aviator rating preferred.
- BS degree in engineering highly desired. Masters is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to easily communicate with a highly technical audience.
- Operational experience in tactical aviation (e.g., Army or SOF rotary wing) is highly desired. Must be able to understand the end use and its environment.
- Program management experience including a deep understanding of program execution.
- Excellent communication skills (speaking, writing, briefing).
- Demonstrated technical creativity.
Travel Requirements: 25%, mostly in the continental US
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More