Manufacturing EngineerManassas, Virginia
- Engineering/Manufacturing support.
- Review preliminary designs for process and ease of fabrication. Capable of designing systems using applicable CAD systems and leading engineers or technicians through design completion and fabrication. Support program requirements by presenting formal/informal design reviews and completing of acceptance testing when required.
- Resolve part/assembly issues with engineering and manufacturing to ensure smooth work flow of programs.
- Flow documentation of required modifications back to engineering for updates.
- Design and support fabrication of tooling to assist in assembly process.
- Work with outside suppliers to support program requirements.
- Create manufacturing work instructions to improve the manufacturing process.
- Capable of supporting work on the manufacturing floor.
- 4 to 8 years experience supporting programs through conception to production.
- Worked in a manufacturing/prototype operation.
- Worked assembly processes.
- Familiar with tolerances and how they apply to assembly.
- Experienced writing and reviewing work instructions.
- Must be a US Person and able to obtain a Secret level Clearance.
- Engineering degree.
- Past or current security clearance.
- Aircraft integration experience.
- Experienced working with assembly technicians to get the desired end result.
- Experience working with suppliers to meet schedule and quality requirements.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More