Material Control SpecialistManassas, Virginia
The material control specialist has the primary responsibility to track parts against the program’s Bill of Materials. Duties include: receiving parts from external suppliers and updating the program’s inventory database, conducting inventory control and logistics such that parts and materials can be located and assembled into build kits, assembling such build kits and issuing the kits to manufacturing, adjusting the inventory database to reflect materials issued to manufacturing, supporting the immediate need for release of replacement parts as necessary, and supporting incoming receiving when required. In addition, this position may include supporting general hardware organization and integration activities within the program’s laboratories.
- Maintain program inventory accountability from initial acquisition to final disposition by coordinating, preparing and documenting applicable forms to indicate a change of program property ownership, accountability or location of property in accordance with applicable government regulations, customer contracts or corporate policy.
- Support program inventory and kitting necessary for program/manufacturing requirements. Stock parts into controlled inventory for ease of retrieving. Maintain program databases as needed to track delivery and ensure completion of assembly kits.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a fast-paced office environment; preferably inventory control and general laboratory support activities for the defense or aerospace industry, or equivalent work experience with materials control and laboratory practices and protocols.
- Basic knowledge of standard engineering concepts, practices, and procedures within a manufacturing and inspecting product environment is highly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of bill of material structure
- Able to multi-task on various projects while maintaining accuracy of data.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access).
- Experience with SAP by Design a plus.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
- Must be a team-player.
- Must be a US Person.
- No security clearance is required however must possess the ability to obtain a security clearance if the need arises.
- Capable of lifting 40 lbs.
- Capable of working overtime when needed
- Regular Shift
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More