Quality Assurance EngineerManassas, Virginia
We are hiring for a Quality Assurance Engineer.
The quality assurance engineer will work out of our Manassas, VA office.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will have a productive, working knowledge of aerospace industry standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Quality Assurance. Candidate must be able to work effectively in a prototype aerospace product development environment, support the new product teams’ design and development efforts, and help assure the teams follow processes and procedures; must have strong technical, organizational, and communication skills to assure safety and quality of the development process output.
• Support AVA AS9100 Quality Management System on a daily basis.
• Program support to include: § Model/Drawing interrogation for producibility, inspectability, and FAI using CATIA V5
§ APQP/Inspection Plan creation including AS9102 FAI as required
§ Statistical Process Control, tolerance analyses, statistical and other data analyses as necessary
§ Inspection of prototypes as-built vs as-designed, and reconcile config variances with Engineering
§ Supplier Quality assessments and supplier development (some travel req’d)
§ Lead as req’d. readiness reviews (e.g. design, test, flight, manufacturing, delivery, etc.)
• Program Management Review, Customer Program Review and Operations Review support, as needed
• Assist as Internal Auditor and Assist as Sub-tier Supplier Auditor, and procedure development as required
• Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Quality, Operations, or related field, or equivalent experience
• Prefer a working knowledge in CATIA V5 model-based definition
• Working knowledge of tolerance analysis methods, quality plan development, inspection methods, etc.
• Experience in AS9100 Quality system is required
• Aware of IPC-610 and -620 workmanship standards
• Working knowledge of 2D and 3D inspection equipment strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of process data analysis methods (SPC, Pareto, Minitab, etc.)
• Proficient with MS Office suite
Physical Requirements: Physical dexterity and visual acuity necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position
Shift Requirements (specify if irregular work hours or shift work will be required): Supporting prototype programs on alternate shifts are probable.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More