Senior Project Management Specialist (Intelligence and Security)Manchester, England; London, England; Bristol, England; Gloucester, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager within their Cyber, Intelligence and Analytics team. The role will involve working directly with a National Security customer to support and influence the shape of solutions that are of national importance. `As a Boeing Cyber, Intelligence and Analytics Project Manager you will be at the leading edge of our operational work with this customer, collaborating closely with them in multi-function teams to deliver technology, process or service based solutions to problems of national importance to time, cost and quality. This role can be based at Manchester, Gloucestershire or Central London.
As a successful candidate you will join an established Boeing team of like-minded peers who will support your development in your new role, to make sure you are successful and in your career with the Boeing Company, as you grow as one of our valued employees. Though very much part of the Boeing team, you will also find yourself in the position of working directly with our Government customer, at the core of an integrated programme or project team, addressing problems and opportunities of importance to the nation. Whether you are looking for rapid career growth, stability within a supportive team, or intellectual challenge, we will do our utmost to develop you and to ensure that you have the opportunity to enjoy a full career with the Boeing Company.
At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged. This is particularly relevant in the Government Services Team which encapsulates all of the advantages of being a small agile Business Unit but with the security and opportunities of working for one of the world’s largest corporations.
The Government Services Mid-Level Project Manager operates within a Portfolio Programme environment augmenting and/or leading Call Off Contracts within a highly complex and multi organizational environments to deliver complex change initiative for Cyber, Security and Intelligence orientated SW and Business solutions for clients. As a successful candidate you will be embedded within rainbow and stripy teams working alongside customers in dynamic and operationally focused deliveries. Working within a complex stakeholder landscape and with often immature, developing and changing requirements, you will be expected to lead work packages and/or projects to deliver customer outputs. Your advocacy and knowledge will be vital in helping the customer achieve their business objectives.
You will act as ambassador for the Boeing company at appropriate client organization levels (grade dependent) and will be responsible for generating full or elements of, business solutions in line with the Long Range Business Plan. This includes generating and delivering opportunities within the scope of Project Management. You will be an energetic self-starter with the correct aptitude and attitude that can build enduring customer intimacy and high performing teams within an exciting and demanding sector.
The position undertakes the following:
- Develops overall project plan consistent with project objectives as defined by the project owner and key stakeholders in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g. Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK] ANSI/PMI 99-001-2008).
- Works to improve project management processes and business systems that support project decision makers.
- May lead others and direct all phases of projects or subsystems of major projects from inception through completion.
- Acts as primary project contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives.
- Ensures that all project control systems within the scope of the project are in place and integrates project data for decision makers
- Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies.
- Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives typically have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
Experience and qualifications:
Experience in one of the following domains is essential:
- Secure Government
- Commercial Cyber Solutions
- Bids and Proposal Writing
- Prince 2 Foundation or higher or,
- A corporate level control account management or,
- Association of Project Management Practitioners (APMP/APM)
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.