Associate Software Test Engineer Communications as a Service (CaaS)Maryland Heights, Missouri
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Title: Communications as a Service (CaaS) Associate Software Test Engineer
Location: Maryland Heights, MO
This role will join the Communications as a Service (CaaS) Team within the Mission Planning Organization to ensure the delivery of a quality product to the United States Navy. The role will also play an integral role in transitioning this capability from a research and development effort into an operational capability leveraging operational hardware and coded in C++.
- Tests CaaS software and performs troubleshooting of defects, documenting discrepancies.
- Generates simple test plans or aspects of more complex plans. Interfaces with internal contacts, to formulate basic test approaches.
- Develops simple test procedures and environment specifications needed to perform the test and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan.
- Performs test and collects data, following established test procedures. Documents anomalies in the program’s problem tracking system, Azure DevOps. Provides input to lessons learned and performance metrics to improve future testing. Archives data and reports as required.
- Supports development of software test reporting artifacts. Participates in evaluation of test performance data. Collects the test data and provides recommended testing approach. Prepares for next test activities or events based on results.
- Collaborates with the software engineering staff on defects detected.
- Prepares updates to Software User Manuals as new capabilities are implemented
- Develops automated test procedures and environment specifications as appropriate.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience software test procedure development, test execution, and test reporting
- Must have a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience with Scaled Agile Framework enterprise (SAFe) or Agile in general.
- 1+ years of experience working with testing tools and automated testing capabilities
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps.
Typical Education/ Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.