Software Engineer (SWE I)Maryland Heights, Missouri
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases overseas.
Title: Software Engineer (SWE I)
Location: St. Louis, MO
Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems built by the F-15 Mission Planning team. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Can assist with test procedures to ensure software system requirements are met. Gathers information to support software project management. Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics. Supports software research and development projects. Troubleshoots basic software issues. Works under close supervision. Follows company software standards and processes.
- With general supervision, develops, documents, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software development environments and programming languages (C++, C#).
- Develops, documents and maintains software design by applying established methods and practices.
- Performs troubleshooting of defects. Collaborates with others to propose solutions to problems.
- Gathers and organize data for use in plans, schedules and estimates.
- Assist in the specification and maintenance of software requirements.
- Integrates and compile software components into builds. May test limited component level software in the target environment.
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics.
- Performs troubleshooting of operational and integration issues. May gather and document data on subject matter.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/ or Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Preferred Education and/or Experience :
- Agile Software Development Environment
- Full Cycle SDLS
- Experience with C++ C#
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Familiar with Cloud computing is a plus
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More