Software EngineerMaryland Heights, Missouri
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Title: Software Engineer Experienced
Location: Maryland Heights, MO
Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system in support of the F-15 Mission Planning System. Supports Agile and Earned Value Management (EVM) software project management. Performs software research and trade studies. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and/or regulations. Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues using Agile processes. Works under general direction. Follows company software standards and processes.
- Develops, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
- Participates in internal design reviews.
- Contributes to building large scale software systems.
- Lead day to day software integration efforts.
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across software components. Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- Performs architectural trade studies, contributes to the development documentation and maintenance of software architectures.
- Participates in internal and/or external architecture reviews.
- Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans.
- Participate in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter and evaluator.
- Performs software requirements change assessment and provides a technical interface to requirements change-assessment meetings.
- Develop, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; establish metrics; and utilize regulations and industry standards.
- Participate in process reviews.
- Provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs research, may contribute to proposals, documents research and development results and aids technology transfer into programs.
- Provides subject matter expertise to other technical and support personnel.
- Supports operational and integration issue resolution for specific software systems.
- May be client facing engineer who will travel to customer sites directly supporting Company applications.
- Represents the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Manages and monitors processes in support of EVM
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Experience with C# Software Development.
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with SVN, TFS, and JIRA
- Experience with Agile development
- Performs as SCRUM master
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More