AH-64E Qatar MAT Mechanical TechnicianMesa, Arizona; Qatar
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Service is seeking an Apache Mechanical Technicians (Avionics) to join the AH-64E Qatar Air Force Maintenance Augmentation Team (MAT) initial position location Mesa, Arizona.
This is a Long Term Assignment to Qatar for up to 4 years. Relocation/assignment benefits to the international location will be provided. Ability to meet International assignment health requirements required. If accompanied, family must also meet international assignment health requirements.
- Performs AH-64E aircraft maintenance tasks and performs air crew-member duties as required using the QAF specific AH-64E IETM, AH-64E Operators Manual, AH-64E Maintenance Test Flight Manual, and AH-64E Check List Manual.
- Removes and installs aircraft systems and subsystem assemblies and components including engines, rotors, gearboxes, transmissions, mechanical flight controls and their components. Services and lubricates aircraft systems, subsystems, and components.
- Prepares aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance actions.
- Uses common measuring tools, precision measuring gauges and alignment fixtures.
- Performs aircraft and related components routine and special inspections.
- Performs maintenance operational checks.
- Diagnoses and solves problems aircraft subsystems using special tools and equipment as required.
- Uses and performs operator maintenance on tools, special tools, and Aircraft Ground Support Equipment (AGSE) and Peculiar Ground Support Equipment (PGSE).
- Prepares aircraft maintenance forms and records. Provide OJT, coaching, and mentorship to the QAF personnel in the use of all applicable technical publications, tools, test equipment, AGSE, PGSE, and special equipment applicable to the subject area of aircraft maintenance, enabling them to become effective AH-64E aircraft mechanics.
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to accurate failures or implement changes.
- Coordinates assembly, disassembly or overhaul. Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Fixes complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Coordinates training.
- Works under general direction.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Travel on short notice.
- Travel both domestically and internationally.
- 6+ years of experience with the AH-64D, or AH-64E, aircraft.
- 3+ years of experience with Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation (ULLS-A(E)) and with Enhanced Logbook Automation System (ELAS) entries.
- Successfully completed and be qualified by the appropriate U.S. Government armed forces aircraft maintenance course or civilian equivalent training. Contractor factory training or other equivalent training by industry shall be reviewed and approved by the PCO or their designated representative and/or the GFR as substitute.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years ULLS-A(E) or a similar aviation maintenance management system.
- Army Service School Instructor or civilian equivalent instructing experience for aircraft Electrical/Avionics/Armament/Fire Control/Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) Technicians.
- Prior experience or qualified in another aviation maintenance field.
- Prior experience working in the Southwest Asia/desert region.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a work visa, depending on requirements of the country
- Candidate must be able to meet the cultural requirements of the country, as applicable
- Employment is contingent on the candidate’s ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities of the country
- Because the candidate selected will be expected to go on an international assignment, the offer will be contingent upon the candidate’s ability to obtain clearances from International Health Services and the receipt of a visa/work permit to the country in which he or she will be assigned. These contingencies also apply to any/all family members who may be relocating with the candidate.
Typical Education/ Experience:
High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the Mesa, AZ area or relocate at their own expense.
Domestic Temporary Assignment benefits will be applicable upon hire.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $59,500 - $80,500
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities