Aircraft Mechanic C / Tech (Qatar)Mesa, Arizona
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This is a Long Term Assignment to Qatar for up to 4 years. Relocation/assignment benefits to the international location will be provided. Must meet Int'l assignment Health requirements. If accompanied, family must also meet Int'l health requirements.
- AH-64E Qatar Air Force Maintenance Augmentation Team (MAT).
- Performs AH-64E aircraft maintenance tasks and performs air crew-member duties as required using the QAF specific AH-64E IETM, AH-64E Operators Manual, AH-64E
- Maintenance Test Flight Manual, and AH-64E Check List Manual.
- Removes and installs aircraft systems and subsystem assemblies and components including engines, rotors, gearboxes, transmissions, mechanical flight controls and their components.
- Services and lubricates aircraft systems, subsystems, and components.
- Prepares aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance actions.
- Uses common measuring tools, precision measuring gages and alignment fixtures.
- Performs aircraft and related components routine and special inspections.
- Performs maintenance operational checks.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots aircraft subsystems using special tools and equipment as required.
- Uses and performs operator maintenance on tools, special tools, and Aircraft Ground Support Equipment (AGSE) and Peculiar Ground Support Equipment (PGSE).
- Prepares aircraft maintenance forms and records.
- Provide OJT, coaching, and mentorship to the QAF personnel in the use of all applicable technical publications, tools, test equipment, AGSE, PGSE, and special equipment applicable to the discipline of aircraft maintenance, enabling them to become effective AH-64E aircraft mechanics.
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results). Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Works under general direction
- Candidate must be able to obtain a work visa, depending on requirements of the country.
- Candidate must be able to meet the cultural requirements of the country, as applicable.
- Employment is contingent on the candidate’s ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities of the country.
- Because the candidate selected will be expected to go on an international assignment, the offer will be contingent upon the candidate’s ability to obtain clearances from International Health Services and the receipt of a visa/work permit to the country in which he or she will be assigned. These contingencies also apply to any/all family members who may be relocating with the candidate.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Willing to travel on short notice
- Willing to travel both Domestic and International travel
- Minimum seven (7) years aircraft mechanic/technician experience.
- Minimum five (5) years AH-64D/E helicopter maintenance experience.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a Flight Line Crew-chief.
- Three (3) years ULLS-A(E) or a similar aviation maintenance management system proficiency.
- Successfully completed, and be qualified by the appropriate U.S. Government armed forces aircraft mechanic maintenance course or civilian equivalent training.
- Contractor factory training or other equivalent training by industry shall be reviewed and approved by the PCO or his/her designated representative and/or the GFR as substitute.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Possess the FAA, A&P certificate.
- Army Service School Instructor or civilian equivalent teaching experience for the AH-64D/E mechanics.
- Prior experience or qualified in another aviation maintenance discipline.
- Prior experience working in the Southwest Asia/desert region.
High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More