Aircraft Structural AssemblerMesa, Arizona
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) is seeking Aircraft Structural Assemblers in Mesa, AZ. The Aircraft Structural Assembler will assemble, modify and install aircraft structural assemblies, sub-assemblies, and structures on aircraft systems. Identify nonconforming parts, conditions and manufacturing processes. Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes. Performing work in this jobs occupational field requires the application of procedures, processes and methods learned through technical training and on-the-job training.
This position will require the ability to work any shift to support production needs.
1st Shift is 5:00am to 3:30pm, Monday to Thursday
2nd Shift is 3:00pm to 2:00am, Monday to Thursday
- Assemble aircraft structures or aircraft support equipment with or without the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, reaming, countersinking, burring and fastening using various hand tools as well as electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Shim, fit, trim and align structural assemblies and sub-assemblies that vary considerably.
- Assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major assembly callouts, butt, station and water lines; blind pick up of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure; correcting skin canning conditions, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins and remove surface defects as assigned.
- Assemble, install, rework, repair and modify aircraft structural, mechanical or electrical assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, systems, and airframe structures on aircraft systems.
- Follow manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, repair and rework sketches, written and oral instructions.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformance issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales.
- Report all non-conformance to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identify production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education & Experience:
This job requires a minimum of a high school education and 1 to 3 years of work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Experience with basic sheet metal, riveting, assembly methods and common shop practices.
- Experience interpreting and working from blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions, in English.
- Capable of working any shift.
- Ability to work extended hours, overtime and weekends when necessary to support factory and operations activities.
- Experience using computers.
- Ability to pass the Sheet Metal Airframe Repairer (SMAR) test.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- Familiar AH-64 fabrication processes.
- Experience working in a team environment in a production environment.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and maintain self motivation.
- Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Able to work in confined spaces requiring kneeling, crawling, climbing, and bending.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Knowledge of hole drilling, countersink, Fabricate small detail parts, Lay out holes per dwg and engineering requirement,
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More