Boeing Summer 2020 Internship – Facilities Project ManagementMesa, Arizona; Renton, Washington; Everett, Washington
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
The Boeing Internship Program has the foundation you need to jumpstart your career. You will be immersed in exciting opportunities that will empower you to make decisions and develop your skills as a professional. Throughout your internship, you will have the opportunity to apply your education to meaningful projects while developing skills in business acumen, project management, facilities management, emotional intelligence, and problem solving. In addition, you’ll explore the vast amount of Facilities careers through informational interviews with our top professionals and development opportunities that the company has to offer. This program is very valuable to the company as it has a proven history of delivering Boeing’s top Facilities leaders. Apply today, and be a part of Boeing’s next chapter.
Boeing Facilities & Asset Management (F&AM) is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona with teams spread all across the enterprise. It is the largest organization among Boeing's enterprise-wide internal services and is part of Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Operations.
F&AM is responsible for providing the following major services to The Boeing Company:
- Maintenance of Boeing buildings and infrastructure.
- Project implementation, including construction services and employee moves.
In addition, F&AM establishes delivery models for its services that result in the most efficient and economical solutions for business partners in all Business Units: Commercial Airplanes; Defense, Space and Security; Boeing Global Services; Boeing Capital Corporation; and Corporate. By leveraging economies of scale in the services it provides and aggressively pursuing opportunities to streamline and standardize, F&AM has a unique opportunity to enable the Business Units' performance and leverage the power of One Boeing.
F&AM also supports (in partnership with Boeing's Environment, Health and Safety) the Conservation Initiative, which is tasked with reducing the environmental footprint of Boeing operations. This supports Boeing's five-year plan for zero growth in energy consumption, water use, greenhouse gas emissions, solid waste sent to landfills, and hazardous waste disposal.
Specific F&AM Project Management internship opportunities include:
- Project Administrator - Receives, validates and logs customer requests for facilities services such as construction, rearrangements, moves and asset acquisition. Meets with customers, evaluates requests, provides tactical plans, defines requirements and identifies design options. Obtains formal facilities designs, coordinates with affected parties and creates work packages that provide documentation and cost relative to project implementation.
- Planner - Compiles data from headcount projections and business plans to enable forecasting. Manages site assets cost efficiently to meet production and operational needs. In advance of production changes, oversees the development of scenarios - showing scopes, schedule, and budget alternatives. Develops and communicates proposals to stakeholders. Plans leadership discussions towards key decisions. Manages real property assets and site cost allocations with the application of current real estate leasing and development principles, concepts, practices and standards.
Other Job-Related Information:
APPLICATION GUIDANCE: Clearly state your cumulative GPA, degree type with major and graduation date (month & year) on your resume.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as hiring is conducted on a rolling basis.
BENEFITS: Boeing offers a competitive internship compensation package and early consideration to interns for full-time opportunities. Intern benefits include intern travel assistance for those who qualify.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with an anticipated graduation date on or after August 2020
Note: The majority of opportunities are for students currently pursuing their Undergraduate degree.
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during the summer
- Passion for the aerospace industry
- Academic excellence (GPA of 3.0 or higher) and community involvement
- Previous business or related internship or work experience
- Majoring in: Facilities Management, Architecture, Economics, Business, Real Estate, Industrial Engineering, or other related fields of study.
- Experience in: Project Management, Construction/Facilities Management, Business Acumen, Finance, AutoCAD, Computing Skills
Some positions may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Most positions need to meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Persons" include US citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
UAMRIA-JR (UB3) - Intern - Business A - Junior/Year 3 (Intern-Business
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More