Lead Electrophysics EngineerMesa, Arizona
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking an Lead Electrophysics Engineer (Level 4) to support Low Observable design and integration engineer to join the Phantom Works Special Technology Integration team in Mesa, AZ.
Ideal candidates should have an extensive knowledge of EM theory & Low observable design techniques to develop new and innovative Low observable systems and components. Candidate needs to have knowledge of Low observable materials and processes, Low observable design techniques and approaches, and integration of Low observable designs with other disciplines (such as structures, propulsion, and antennas). Candidate should be able to conduct design trades and optimization and perform electromagnetic analysis and modeling with the ability to apply Low observables theory to develop new materials, processes, and techniques. This position is located in Mesa, AZ.
**This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.**
- Develops and validates requirements for various complex communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate complex systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs complicated trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts critical tests of various kinds to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle from manufacturing to customer use by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues.
- Supports project management by providing coordinating development of work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and conducting appropriate reviews.
- Generates major sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance (pre-start), for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experience with electro-magnetic theory and wave propagation.
- Experience with RCS design and analysis using analytical tools.
- Experience with design and analysis of Antennas, Radomes, RF Materials, or Low Observables.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with RF test equipment (Network Analyzers, and instrumentation radars) or free space RF measurements.
- Experience with Antenna or Radar Cross Section (RCS) test facilities.
- Experience with error analysis and calculating and summarizing error data for RF measurements.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More