MCC Wire Harness AssemblerMesa, Arizona
Looking for an exciting and rewarding career? How about working for Boeing in Mesa, AZ! We are seeking Wire Harness Assemblers.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
At our Electrical Center of Excellence in Mesa, we build wire harnesses for many of Boeing products to include the AH-64 Apache, CH-47 Chinook, F-15, F-18, V-22, AH-6i, CST-100, SLS (Space Launch Systems), 777, and 747 to name a few. Our Wire Harness Assemblers fabricate, assemble, modify, repair, test, and provide shop support to production and prototype wire harnesses and electrical assemblies. Identifying nonconforming detail parts, assemblies and processes. Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
• Constructs wire harnesses and panels by cutting, sorting, color-coding, measuring, stripping, crimping, soldering, and routing various lengths, types, and gauges of wire, heat-shrink, and other related materials.
• Installs wire harnesses and components in panels and other assemblies.
• Operates tools and equipment such as wire strippers, crimpers, solder iron, wire identification and cutting machines, heat guns, and associated tools.
• Locates malfunctions and determines type and amount of rework required to repair each unit.
• Prepares packages for harness fabrication by cutting, labeling, and kitting.
• Tests wire harnesses, panels, and aircraft electrical systems for continuity and proper functioning.
• Follows schematics, drawings, and written or verbal instructions to set up and perform duties.
• Completes paperwork, hard copy and electronic version, associated with job assignment.
• Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformances issues.
• Inspect and evaluate materials, components, sub-assemblies, assemblies, tools and product configuration in compliance with requirements, to observe, measure, and record conformity to customer, regulatory and company specifications.
• Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
• Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
• Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
• Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
• Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education & Experience
This job requires a minimum of a high school education and training or work related experience.
Basic (Required) Qualifications
• Current enrollment in the Maricopa Community College Electrical Cable Harness Wiring Certification Boot Camp program.
• Demonstrated experience using a computer to look up and record information.
•This position requires the ability to work first, second, or third shift.
Preferred (Desired) Experience
• Experience using written instructions and drawings to complete a task.
• Experience using hand tools and/or hand-held power tools.
• Experience constructing wire harnesses and panels by cutting, sorting, color-coding, measuring, stripping, crimping, soldering, and routing various lengths, types, and gauges of wire, heat-shrink, and other related materials.
• Experience determining gauge size of wire.
• Experience using math that includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More