Senior Antenna – Radar Cross Section EngineerMesa, Arizona
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Senior Antenna – Radar Cross Section Engineer to support Antenna and Radar Cross Section design and integration engineer to join the Phantom Works Special Technology Integration team, Mesa, AZ. Works with a team of electrophysics, mission systems, and aircraft design engineers. Candidates should have an extensive knowledge of Electromagnetic theory and Antenna theory. A knowledge of communication, navigation, and sensor systems. A knowledge of aircraft integration requirements and conducting trades with other subsystems. A knowledge of radar cross section and signature mitigation techniques. A knowledge of Computational Electromagnetics.
Requires coordinating with Phantom Works, Vertical lift, and other Boeing programs for antenna technology and engineering needs. Coordinating across sites, business units, and customers with specialty antenna development needs. Knowledge of rotorcraft EM phenomenology such as modulation/blockage.
- Develops and validates requirements for unique communication, navigation and sensor capabilities
- Plans/proposes/executes SOW for multiple BDS and PW programs
- Designs specialty antennas and signature treatments
- Develops architectures to integrate multiple systems into higher level systems and platforms
- Leads development of trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component and system level performance
- Develops new and improved modeling and simulation techniques
- Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues
- Captures new technical business relating to antenna design and leads technical programs
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience with electro-magnetic theory and wave propagation
- Experience working Radar Cross Section, antenna, and/or radome analysis and measurement techniques
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with RF test equipment (Network Analyzers, and instrumentation radars) or free space RF measurements
- Experience with Antenna or Radar Cross Section (RCS) test facilities
- Experience with error analysis and calculating and summarizing error data for RF measurements
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
- This position is for 1st shift
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.