Hangar Support Technician (Apache)Middle Wallop, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Working as part of the Tool Issue Centre team, this role will provide general support to the UK Apache Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) and, in due course, the Fleet Support Facility (FSF), both of which will be located at the UK Apache Training Base at Middle Wallop. Shift work in support of the OCU Flying Programme may be required.
The role requires skill and experience in inventory management and control, as well as the customer focus necessary to provide an over-the-counter service. Shift work in support of the OCU Flying Programme is to be expected.
- Assisting the Tool Issue Centre Team to receive, dispatch, manage, move, position and store all items of tooling, Support and Test Equipment (S&TE) and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) supplied to, or by, Boeing.
- Carrying out user maintenance tasks and before/after use checks on equipment.
- Delivery of repair parts, tooling, S&TE and consumable items to and from their point of use (e.g. aircraft repair bays in the hangar).
- Re-stocking any line side stocks of consumables.
- In conjunction with Task Leads and other staff, monitoring, checking and re-stocking any line side stocks of fuels, lubricants, adhesives and paints (FLAP) used for maintenance.
- Maintenance of a safe, clean and tidy hangar environment (e.g. disposal of waste and scrap materials correctly and safely).
- Carrying out other duties and tasks that may be assigned by the Tool Issue Centre Lead or Support Operations Manager.
- Relevant experience of supporting hangar-based maintenance operations
- Experience in a UK military environment
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Relevant experience of supporting hangar-based maintenance operations, preferably in the UK Military Air Environment, is appropriate for this post.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.