Task Lead (Apache OCU)Middle Wallop, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
A Task Lead role is required to lead on-aircraft maintenance at the UK Apache Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) from 01 March 2021. The OCU forms part of the UK Apache Long term Training and Support Service (LTTSS) contract starting in January 2021 and will be based in Middle Wallop.
This role will provide leadership, management, oversight and accountability for assigned, on-aircraft maintenance tasks at the OCU. The role will lead a mid-sized team of other technicians and supporting staff to deliver serviceable aircraft, in a safe, effective and timely manner, to meet the OCU's Flying Programme (FLYPRO).
The role will demand highly-developed technical and team leadership skills, as well as a strong focus on the customer and on safety and airworthiness. As a key link between managers and the workforce, communication and interpersonal skills will also be required. Shift work in support of the OCU FLYPRO is to be expected.
- Exercising leadership, management, oversight and accountability for individual, or groups of, maintenance tasks within the Operational Conversion Unit (OCU).
- Assuming responsibility for safety, quality, integrity, FOD prevention and tool control/accountability during the assigned task or shift.
- Acting as a Shift Manager or Deputy Shift Manager in support of the OCU Flying Programme (FLYPRO).
- Leadership, management, accountability and oversight for assigned personnel.
- Acting as the link between Supervisors and Technicians and Production Control/managers.
- Training, development and mentoring of assigned personnel.
- Undertaking maintenance signature (‘sign off’) responsibilities in accordance with assigned Authorisations.
- Undertaking such secondary duties and tasks as may be allocated.
- Conducting other tasks and activities that may be allocated from time to time.
- Experience in a UK military air environment (MAE)
- A technical or vocational qualification at UK NQF Level 3 or higher
- Registration with a Professional Engineering Institution would be appropriate for this role
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval.This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.