Tool Issue Centre SupervisorMiddle Wallop, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This role is required to provide supervisory leadership of the Tool Issue Centre that will support the UK Apache Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) and, in due course, the Fleet Support Facility (FSF). Both organisations are part of the UK Apache Long Term Training and Support Service (LTTSS) contract that begins early 2021.This role will be full-time, requiring some shift work, and based in Middle Wallop, Hampshire.
This role provides leadership, management, oversight and accountability for a small team delivering a Tool Issue Centre service to maintenance personnel.
- In conjunction with the Tool Issue Centre Lead, receive, issue, manage, account for and dispatch all items of tooling, Support and Test Equipment (S&TE) and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) issued to Boeing.
- Ensuring that tooling, S&TE and GSE held by the Tool Issue Centre is in a safe and serviceable condition, and is in-date for calibration, prior to issue.
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities conducted by the OCU and FSF have access to the tooling, S&TE and GSE necessary for the conduct of those activities.
- Deputising for the Tool Issue Centre Lead where necessary.
- Planning, leading, supervising and exercising accountability for the activities of other assigned Tool Issue Centre Staff.
- Planning, staffing and leading shift teams in support of maintenance activities.
- Where necessary, exercising responsibility for the operation of ‘satellite’ or remote Tool Issue Centres derived from the main Tool Issue Centre.
- Planning, assembling, deploying and recovering deployable tool packs or tool sets.
- Monitoring and tracking the calibration requirements of tooling and S&TE issued to Boeing and arranging its dispatch to the Authority when due calibration.
- Training and development of Tool Issue Centre staff.
- Supervising, and, where necessary, conducting, the delivery of the Tool Issue Centre counter service.
- Carrying out other duties and tasks that may be assigned by the Tool Issue Centre Lead or the Support Operations Manager
- Experience in a UK military environment
- A vocational qualification at UK NQF Level 3 or higher is appropriate for this role
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
A vocational qualification at UK NQF Level 3 or higher is appropriate for this role.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.