Tool Issue Centre Technician (Apache)Middle Wallop, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This role will provide a Tool Issue Centre service to the UK Apache Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) and, in due course, the Fleet Support Facility (FSF), both of which are located at the Apache Training Base at Middle Wallop. The role will issue, receive, account for and store tools, Support and Test equipment (S&TE) and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) that will be provided to Boeing by the customer as Government Furnished Equipment (GFE).
The role requires skill and experience in inventory management and control, as well as the customer focus necessary to provide an over-the-counter service. Shift work in support of the OCU Flying Programme is to be expected.
- In conjunction with the Tool Issue Centre Lead and Supervisor, receive, issue, manage, account for and dispatch all items of tooling, Support and Test Equipment (S&TE) and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) issued to Boeing.
- Ensuring that tooling, S&TE and GSE held by the Tool Issue Centre is in a safe and serviceable condition, and is in-date for calibration, prior to issue.
- Supplying all maintenance activities conducted by the OCU and FSF with the correct tooling, S&TE and GSE necessary for the conduct of those activities.
- Deputising for the Tool Issue Centre Supervisor where necessary.
- Working as a team with other Tool Issue Centre staff.
- Taking part in shift teams in support of maintenance activities.
- Where necessary, operating ‘satellite’ or remote Tool Issue Centres derived from the main Tool Issue Centre.
- Assembling, deploying and recovering deployable tool packs or tool sets.
- Assisting the Tool Issue Centre Lead and Supervisor in the monitoring and tracking the calibration requirements of tooling and S&TE issued to Boeing and dispatching items to the Authority when due calibration.
- Delivering the Tool Issue Centre counter service.
- Carrying out other duties and tasks that may be assigned by the Tool Issue Centre Lead, Supervisor or the Support Operations Manager
- Experience in a UK military environment
- A vocational qualification at UK NQF Level 3 or higher is appropriate for this role
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.