Experienced Cybersecurity Design Specialist
On our cyber teams, you’ll work with leading-edge technology developing solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. While building the future with Boeing, you’ll also help protect it.
of the time
What does it take?
What makes a successful Cybersecurity employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Quick thinking
“ At Boeing, cybersecurity is integral to everything we do and addressed at every stage of system development. I am fortunate to collaborate with talented individuals across different departments to ensure the security of our products. Having served in the military, I am proud to continue to support our troops by ensuring their mission needs are met. ”Jason Shelton Cybersecurity Engineer (Developmental Center), Cyber Test and Evaluation Lead
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Experienced Cybersecurity Design Specialist
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for an experienced Cybersecurity Design Specialist to join our Information Security team in Bellevue, WA or St Louis, MO.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a diverse team of cybersecurity specialists with expertise in many areas and at all levels. The selected candidate will have exposure to leading industry experts, and opportunities to influence the design and integration of enterprise security networks & Internet technical controls for multiple products or projects for the IT security enclaves, internal network boundaries, off network systems and cloud architecture.
- Performs secure network design.
- Documenting network security requirements, developing design packages and implementing the required firewall changes.
- Analyzing network data-flows to create packet filtering firewall rules supporting application requirements.
- Performs threat modeling of network designs to analyze designs for business impact & risk. Identifying security risks and the compensating controls to mitigate them.
- Assists in the development or definition of security product architectures, specifications and intrusion detection or data loss techniques.
- Participates on design review boards, develops, implements and manages secure network design compliance and governance activities.
- Supports scope and standards for network security monitoring of network devices, host-based systems and cloud solutions.
- Gather and interpret IT security requirements from business partners, computing architects, delivery systems analysts, developers and suppliers.
- Maintains data flow drawings and network security architecture drawings.
- Assists incident response.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- 2+ years working in and around security requirements for PII design for both SQL and Oracle databases
- 2+ years developing detailed threat models
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong Microsoft office skills are required.
- Strong Network/application protection skills are required.
- Experience in networking design/operations is desired
- Experience designing security solutions on perimeter infrastructure design/operations is desired
- Technical Bachelor’s degree is highly desired.
Typical Education / Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Relocation assistance is provided for eligible candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.