Deputy Program and Base Manager- MohanbariMohanbāri, Assam
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing’s organization has an outstanding opportunity for Deputy Program and Base Manager- Mohanbari. This position is to lead and be part of the on-site Field Services and Program Management team supporting the India Air Force (IAF) customer at Mohanbari Air Base in Assam, India for Chinook helicopters. The right candidate will have extensive experience in operation and maintenance of Medium/ Heavy Lift helicopters at Operator, Intermediate and Depot level (preferred). The position requires the Candidate to provide leadership, strategic planning, tactical execution and technical guidance for multi-skilled product support teams and also to be primary point of contact for interactions with IAF base leadership/ stakeholders. Candidate would need to work cross-functionally with internal and external customers/ stakeholders. The individual would be expected to lead improvements through the application of process improvement methods to enhance performance, meet contractual deliverables, enhance customer satisfaction, enhance employee productivity and enable future growth of business. He/ She would develop and execute business plans, policies and procedures and develop organizational and technical strategies; develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, contractors, suppliers and direct reports. This position will report to the Rotorcraft Program Director in Boeing Defense India.
- Manage and supervise the on-site field services team and serve as the on-site Boeing Chinook Program representative in support of the Indian Air Force.
- Would be reporting through the Rotorcraft Program Director and would assist in execution of the current contract and in planning and executing the transition to potential Gap and Follow on Support (FOS) contracts and any other tasks that may be added from time to time.
- To be the local interface at Mohanbari Air Base for US Program Managers and the in-country Rotorcraft PM for support of Chinook helicopters and support for the Boeing team at the base.
- To assign and prioritize tasks to the field services team based on directions from the Rotorcraft PM/ US PMs.
- Lead and integrate a team of expats/ locally hired Field Service Representatives, Logistics Support Reps, other staff in a field environment, tasked for supporting the maintenance and operations of Chinook squadron/flight.
- Integrate and align the functioning of the on-site Field Services team to maximize productivity, enhance efficiency, increase customer satisfaction and build brand image of Boeing as a reliable and preferred long term partner.
- Implement a daily, weekly and monthly meeting schedule with customers and internal Boeing stakeholders for discussion on aircraft tasks, aircraft status, maintenance & material planning, performance monitoring & reporting.
- Coordinate Maintenance Planning with IAF and lead Material Planning functions at the base for the Chinook fleet to ensure smooth and staggered inductions, timely delivery of materials and timely completion of scheduled maintenance tasks. Actively ensure the availability of all materials in advance of forecast maintenance arising’s.
- Lead the Field Service teams in forecasting material requirements with the aim of avoiding material stock outs and avoiding AOG situations.
- Aggressively coordinate all AOG requirements with stakeholders to minimize AOG situations and maintain expeditious delivery timelines.
- Liaise with IAF and in-country SE Lead for maintenance planning of support equipment and to oversee actions to ensure adequate availability of equipment at all times by ensuring timely supply of spares and POL by India & US SC.
- Interacting & advising the Base and Squadron/Flight Leadership or their designees on all technical and logistics matters in order to ensure delivery of high levels of customer service and satisfaction. Also to work with other stakeholders at Base to facilitate admin, communication, security, housekeeping, accommodation and medical response for the on-site team.
- Develop and establish processes for delivery of consistently high levels of customer support during regular shifts/ off-hours/ week-ends/ holidays.
- Develop and implement processes for most expeditious response to Technical Requests, customer Memos and communications.
- Aggressively pursue the settlement of Warranty claims within the contractual timelines.
- This position requires proficiency working in a multi-disciplined environment together with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Must have high proficiency on computing skills in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel to manage day to day work and produce effective presentations, charts, graphs, data analysis related to the deliverables/ tasks.
- Establish and maintain highly functional offices for the on-site team.
The applicant will apply broad aircraft knowledge, engineering and logistics principles to assess and resolve day to day maintenance and operational issues; lead & coordinate root cause analyses for repetitive defects and help in developing engineering dispositions to address complex nonconforming conditions and to detect deviations; apply engineering principles and/or lead the effort to research technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer personnel. Will analyze and discuss reported problems for potential safety issues; develop and implement product/process improvements; support Chinook Program teams and participate in design and in-service reviews as required; represent the engineering community in the post production environment for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
The applicant must have a strong background in repair and maintenance of Helicopters at Operator, Intermediate and Depot (preferred) levels. The applicant must have fairly high levels of knowledge of common aircraft support equipment. Knowledge of military processes, procedures, & protocols and the ability to apply this knowledge to develop action plans is highly desirable, particularly knowledge of IAF processes (preferred). Knowledge of helicopter design, theory of operation, qualification testing, engineering drawings, operational performance, design improvements, support systems, technical orders, and repair philosophy is highly desirable.
The successful applicant may also be required to provide technical support to Chinook helicopter detachments operating from other IAF base(s) whenever required. Travel to other operating location(s) to assist with maintenance and recovery of aircraft may be required.
This position requires the ability to lead the onsite team in a wide variety of socio-cultural/economic settings, to work under time constraints and ability to manage stress, all the above in a demanding, on-call, around-the clock operational environment.
Other duties and responsibilities could be assigned from time to time by the management.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Typical Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree in Engineering in relevant field (Mechanical/ Aerospace/ Aeronautics/ Electrical/ Electronics) and typical experience in helicopter maintenance environment for a minimum of 12 years, Master's degree in above fields with 10 or more years' experience. Alternate combinations of relevant equivalent experience and qualifications may be considered.
Other Job Related Information
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.