Service Manager 3Montreal, Quebec
Service Manager 3
Who You Are
We are looking for a motivated individual with very strong technical troubleshooting capabilities combined with the ability and desire to learn and work with complex system installations. You have experience providing application and advanced technical support for critical software systems. You take ownerships of issues and work well both independently and within a team. You are service minded and enjoy helping customers and colleagues and technical challenges and solving problems excite you. You enjoy a variety of challenges of a highly technical nature. You like to take a break from technical matters from time to time in order to enjoy some social interaction! You have knowledge of Unix and/or Linux and shell scripting and have experience maintaining production systems under these platforms. If you are Portuguese or Spanish speaking it would be really good but not a must.
As a Versatile Technologist you will spend a significant part of your time in the following areas:
- Assist the client with knowledge injections, proactive problem solving and daily management of their production system.
- Maintain production systems under Linux platform and make recommendations to clients on patches/upgrade
- Be the technical account manager for our customers.
- Provide system requirements to the Technical Development team
- Participate in a 24x7 standby roster
- Participate in the requirements definition, design and deployment of the Jeppesen Crew software.
- Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience working with Unix and/or Linux
- Knowledge of Python or Java (or some experience with a programming language)
- Customer relationship experience is advantageous
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
BAMYI3 (B39) - Versatile Technologist 3 (Versatile Technologist
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More