Systems Engineer (Operations / Systems Analysis)
Mountain View, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Systems Engineer (Operations / Systems Analysis)
The Boeing Company is seeking a Systems Engineer (Level 2) in Mountain View, CA or Chantilly, VA. The Systems Engineer will work as a member of a 30-40 person project team maintaining and developing multi-tiered, collection planning and analysis software for a U.S. government customer using Agile/Lean/Scrum approaches. Customer's enduring needs requires state of the art software intensive systems to efficiently and optimally task, archive, exploit, and disseminate data from hardware platforms e.g. satellites, airplanes, ships, and ground embedded systems for maximum intelligence value. Will perform effectively as part of a globally disbursed team.
***CURRENT SSBI REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION*** Candidate must be willing to submit to sitting for Polygraph. Offer is contingent upon security approval for program access. Position may require on-call support after hours. Overtime and some occasional shift work may be required. Some business travel is required.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Analyzing requirements, reviewing software designs, generating test cases, test procedures, and test plans, and troubleshooting discrepancies to fulfill customer needs.
- Troubleshoots and responds to software discrepancy reports.
- Prepares and presents status briefings and reports on assigned projects. Communicates regularly with Program Management and functional teams.
- Communicates directly with customer and users to understand need and resolve cross-functional technical issues.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify basic lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Supports the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering or related technical field is required.
- Experience with Imagery intelligence (IMINT) collection processes and analytical methodologies.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience with Jira and Linux shell scripting.
- Background in Requirements Traceability is also preferred.
- Strong background in mathematics and physics, particularly orbital mechanics, and algorithm expertise as it applies to software design.
- Experience in multiple intelligence disciplines is desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Typical Education / Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.