Event Sales and Operations SpecialistMukilteo, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking an experienced, energetic, and enthusiastic Event Sales and Operations Specialist for the Future of Flight, a public facility that showcases aviation/aerospace innovation and one of Puget Sound’s most popular tourist attractions. The Future of Flight welcomes more than 320,000 visitors every year to experience the Boeing Tour of the Everett Factory. In addition, the facility hosts a significant number of conferences, events and community activities, as well as various educational engagements.
This role will direct and oversee the planning of meetings, conferences and special events hosted at the facility. They will coordinate all amenities and accommodations, including site logistics, staffing, catering, transportation, and audio visual equipment. This role has responsibility of the budget/P&L, revenue forecasting, event program promotions and outreach, developing business strategy, and negotiating contracts. This position reports to the Senior Manager and oversees an Event Logistics Specialist.
- Develops and implements a strategic plan for optimal rental use of various spaces on the site that complement the concept of operations and business objectives of the facility. Participates in pricing strategies, food and beverage strategies and space utilization protocols.
- Responsible for developing and driving sales and revenue targets for the Events department.
- Prepares and monitors the Events Budget to achieve target profitability; reviews financial information for accuracy, such as invoices for services and materials; subcontractor invoices, etc. and assists in the preparation of the final financial report for clients.
- Collaborates with all Future of Flight managers to ensure optimal customer experience for all guests and to avoid conflicting arrangements; maintains and communicates the events schedule to all managers.
- Oversees operational aspects for meetings, conferences, workshops and events held at the Future of Flight; attends events and provide on-site support, as requested.
- Negotiates client contracts; reviews with Boeing legal as required.
- Evaluates options and negotiates contracts with a variety of vendors; arranges for all related service with vendors, such as decorators, audio visual needs, buses, signage, entertainment, etc., review with Boeing legal as required.
- Manages all logistical details of events including securing of conference line, uploading presentations to conference line website, photography, volunteer coordination on-site, moderators, room set-up, audio visual, transportation, housing, food and beverage, BEOs, etc.
- Works with the primary contractor responsible for vendors/exhibitors/sponsors to ensure all logistical details of working with the exhibitor/sponsor/vendor area including signage, promotion, registration, and on-site decorators.
- Communicates safety protocols to all events clients, sets up and manages events to ensure guest safety and assists in evacuating guests during emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience working in the hospitality or tourism industry
- 3+ years of experience developing and managing budgets
- 3+ years of experience planning and implementing logistics for internal and external events and meetings
- 3+ years of experience with the pursuit of new sales/business
- Able to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More