Experienced Communications SpecialistMukilteo, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking an Experienced Communications Specialist in Mukilteo, WA to join a close knit team at the Future of Flight, where we showcase the Boeing brand experience to people from around the world.
This opening is for a full-time position which may include work on weekends and holidays. The Future of Flight is open seven days a week from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and has extended hours in the summer from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The optimal candidate will be customer focused and able to build positive relationships in many contexts. They will understand marketing and know how to develop and analyze data to identify customer insights. They will contribute to the development of communications plans while also implementing activities in support of business goals and objectives, as well as employee communications programs. They will produce content for Boeing internal and external communications channels, including digital, print and video. The candidate will know how to promote stories to news media and interact with media in support of business activities. They will seek and use advanced techniques for internal and external communications and branding.
- Develop global communication plans that support Future of Flight strategy and business objectives.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Specialist, Marketing Manager and other business partners and leaders to deliver clear communications.
- Contribute to the development of communications plans while also implementing activities in support of business goals and objectives, as well as employee communications programs.
- Produce content for Boeing internal and external communications channels, including digital, print and video.
- Craft messaging to support optimization of the customer journey for all guests of the Future of Flight and Boeing Tour.
- Leverages a wide range of communications tools to create to showcase Boeing and its products and creates a lasting positive impression of The Boeing Company.
- Represents the best interests of The Boeing Company in all activities and in all contact with the public.
- Understands key performance indicators and how to measure and report them.
- Understands the tourism industry and is knowledgeable about online rating sites and the tools and tactics to optimize the reputation of the Future of Flight and the Boeing Tour.
- Leverages online engagement and email to entice, engage and create advocacy.
- Assists in the development of social media content and other collateral to keep audiences engaged. Presents messages in different ways to enhance customer understand of Boeing and Boeing products.
- Creates project plans and schedules with support from other Marketing leaders. Establishes editorial content calendar and quarterly campaign initiatives.
- Writes and edits materials such as key messages, talking points, scripts and other communication products.
- Develops internal communication to educate and inform Future of Flight staff of new programs, exhibits, and Boeing initiatives.
- Responds promptly and professionally to all customer communications via various platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience leading teams in a formal and/or informal role
- Experience in internal, external, or executive communications support
- 3+ years of experience in cross-functional leadership, collaborative problem solving, building lasting relationships & proficiency in written and verbal communication
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- College degree in Communications, English or Journalism
- Experience in the tourism industry or with the Future of Flight
- Considers customer and their needs when performing their responsibilities
- Views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions
- Physically able to work at computer or desk area for extended periods of time.
Typical Experience/ Education:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master +4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More